• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mob Psycho 100 Anime's 3rd Promo Previews Setsuo Ito as Mob

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
Damn, this just looks so good!

Loving the fact that they are adapting the artwork based on the manga as well. Can't wait for it to air this Summer :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I like Mob's voice. It suits him.

The animation looks great as always. The OP sounds good too. It's been a while since I read the start of the manga, can anyone tell me from the clips here, where you think the anime will end?
xMemorie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
The imagery is breathtaking. HOLY fudge.

And yes, I've watched the Fate series and saw things from KyoAni, BUT tbh, this looks so much better imo. This is my style.
CG-Silver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
The art is majestic. Haven't seen art and animation this great in a long time.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
The animation is certainly unique too bad the art is terrible. I'll be watching this but I'm definitely not looking forward to it.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
The animation is certainly unique too bad the art is terrible. I'll be watching this but I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

Yeh i feel the same, for me the art looks really crappy just like i wasnt fond of the art at hero academia....guess this is another way of doin anime cheap lol but oh well its still better then any CGI shits with low frame rate....
Estarossa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It's gonna be Anime Of The Season.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm Reply with quote
The trailers just get better and better and this style and animation mesh so beautifully into this crude purposefully cruddy looking thing and it's great, I love it.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
This looks so damn good. I love the opening theme song, too. So frickin' hyped.
Naotomato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

Yeh i feel the same, for me the art looks really crappy just like i wasnt fond of the art at hero academia....guess this is another way of doin anime cheap lol but oh well its still better then any CGI shits with low frame rate....

You two never read the original?

At least you guys are not like the people who think that Mura wrote and drew OPM.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Naotomato wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
Cyclone1993 wrote:

You two never read the original?

At least you guys are not like the people who think that Mura wrote and drew OPM.

Yeah, the art style is going to a turn off for a lot of people. As a manga reader, however, Bones have nailed the style of the source material and the transition to animation is perfect imo. I'm personally really glad they decided to stick with the original art, and not try to change it to look similar to the OPM anime.
gustave154

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I like the artstyle its brings out the sakuga even more
delectabit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
I like Mob's voice. It suits him.

The animation looks great as always. The OP sounds good too. It's been a while since I read the start of the manga, can anyone tell me from the clips here, where you think the anime will end?

it looks like it might end with Keiji Mogami, there's definitely some little scenes shown here that are from it.
Ruddor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
For everyone complaining that the art looks bad, this is the art style of ONE, the creator of One Punch Man. The original OPM webcomic looked (or looks, since it is still running) just like this before Yusuke Murata started drawing the version most people associate it with. In my opinion, the decision to use the original art is not necessarily an attempt to be different or whatever, but more of an attempt do justice to the source material. I will admit that the art style is not what we would consider "good" and takes some getting used to, but what it lacks in polish it makes up for with lots of personality.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
TBH, the art is the biggest draw for me, I really like the unique look, and the animation looks solid. The spirit of it though seems a little all over the place, but I guess I'll withhold judgement until the show comes out. Cautiously optimistic for this one!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2