• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Digimon Universe TV Anime Casts Shiho Kokido, Nao Tamura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:10 am Reply with quote
i really hope this show is as good like Seasons 1-5, Season 6 was so boring and not like digimon at all, i just want to go back to having a rookie digimon who will eventually find it was way to reaching the mega level
peno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
Too bad it will be the first Digimon series to not have Kouji Wada's song Sad
But, it's still something to look forward for me. Though the main premise of Appmon sounds quite like being stolen from Rockman.EXE/Megaman NT Warriors series. But it's probably too early to assume that. Let's wait and see how it'll turn out.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:34 am Reply with quote
This new character reminds me of the rapper from the Buddyfight anime.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
This new character reminds me of the rapper from the Buddyfight anime.

More like Naruto between the metal plate on his hat similar to the ninja headbands, the spikey blond hair, and especially the lines on his face.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
i really hope this show is as good like Seasons 1-5, Season 6 was so boring and not like digimon at all, i just want to go back to having a rookie digimon who will eventually find it was way to reaching the mega level

That formula only applies to the very first series. As soon as 02 came around we got Armor and Jogress evoutions. Then in Savers Masaru was punching Ultimate level Digimon around with his fists.

Xros Wars was well received by the fandom so if Universe is like it it should be pretty good. It's already generating positive buzz, and I'm looking forward to it as well.

-Stuart Smith
peno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Xross Wars was well received by fandom? Did you watch the same fandom as me? It was even more badly received in the fandom than Frontier, the least favourite Digimon series until then, but now, this title definitely goes to Xross Wars. And the fact that dub of Digimon Fusion ended after episode 30 of the first series also means something. That doesn't mean I did not enjoy Xross Wars, I did, but in all honesty, the sttory was even more bland then that of Frontier and the battles were... I dunno how to write it... maybe too anime generic? It was definitely weakest of all six (seven, if you count that time lapping series seperately, which I honestly do) Digimon series. So, just like AceLuffy4Ever, I too hope Universe will turn to be much closer to first five series, and in I personally hope closer to Savers, which is definitely my favourite Digimon Series for its more mature story, battles and animations (the latter will obviously not be case, as seen from already published materiál, but I still have hopes for the first two).
Cat's Tuxedo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
In before 3/4 of these characters are voiced by 30-40-year-old men in the dub Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1