• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kanon/Clannad Designer Itaru Hinoue Leaves Visual Art's to Work Freelance

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
A horror anime with Key deisgns? I'd watch that. Though, to be fair... I'd watch anything with Key designs.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
to me, KEY was largely Jun Maeda and Itaru Hinoue. With Maeda in need a of a new heart and Hinoue gone....the future of KEY is hard to picture.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Her going freelance doesn't necessarily means that she would be hiring by KEY in the future. And she wants to work on horror works? Interesting.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
to me, KEY was largely Jun Maeda and Itaru Hinoue. With Maeda in need a of a new heart and Hinoue gone....the future of KEY is hard to picture.

Well, they still have Na-Ga, so they certainly will be fine... but, yeah, that situation with the two main people behind the Key popularity isn't good sign.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Well, it can't be Ghibli levels of disaster.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I would want to leave too after the direction Key/Visual Arts has chosen of late. They're kind of tanking their brand since they decided to team up with Aniplex to make a series of absolutely awful anime ads and original series that even the Key faithful seems to be struggling to justify and support. She's better off finding a way out of that mess and going freelance for sure to maintain some form of autonomy and integrity and work on the projects she wants to work on at her own pace without being dragged down by what's been happening with the Key brand lately.
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I agree with this. But I'm happy that she has a chance to expand her creative ideas. I do hope she will come back to do art for them in the future like some of the writers.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be surprised if this said anime got animated by KyoAni since Key titles often are, even though this woman just left Key. As such, is there some sort of business agreement for a Key title to get adapted by KyoAni?
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
I personally prefer NA-GA's art over hers. But I still wish her good luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1