• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kanae Hazuki's Say 'I Love You'. Manga Ends in 18th Volume Next Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
It's not stated if that will be the official cover, but looking at it doesn't give me much confidence Hazuki-san is going to end this with a definite final conclusion. At least not one I'm going to agree with.
lys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Hm? The cover art I see included with this article is for vol 17; I'd assume 18's has yet to be drawn since it won't be published until next summer.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'll be interested in seeing how this ends I dropped it at volume 14 but I'd still be interested in seeing how it ends
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Hm? The cover art I see included with this article is for vol 17; I'd assume 18's has yet to be drawn since it won't be published until next summer.

I was just thinking the same thing. More than that, wouldn't recent chapters be more indicative of the end than the final cover?

Either way, I'm happy but sad. Definitely a bittersweet feeling. I didn't think I would think much of the manga when starting it, but I absolutely love it now and feel Hazuki-sensei has done a wonderful job.

I think as much as I still dislike Megumi, her story in France still resonates with me so much and I'm glad she was frank about the racism, while still showing Megumi's talent and beauty. It's everything I respect about the manga; very realistic but still not necessarily a bitter experience.

I hope she'll continue to make such wonderful manga. Maybe something more grown up/josei-ish next time?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:37 am Reply with quote
Looking at that cover again and yeah must be my failing eyesight for not noticing the big dot with "17" on it. Cool Embarassed The whole thesis of the various stories is about mental cruelty suffered during a person's childhood when first contact in social groups become vitriolic and hateful for various unknown, or unnecessary reasons and how that baggage can affect a person growing up into adulthood even for the rest of their life if not treated, or changed in some way or other. To span any gap a bridge must be built from both sides at the same time and meet in the middle. Shame that Takemura-kun seems to have dropped off the pages after 15.
pikopika

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I put Say 'I Love You'. on hold since the 11th volume as the series felt like it was dragging on, but this news is good to hear. I'm surprised at just how many copies were sold! Good job to Hazuki-san. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1