• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Izetta: The Last Witch Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't know who any of these people are but I'm still looking forward to watching Izetta dubbed. Also will there be accents in this dub because that would be epic. Very Happy
Vannil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I don't know who any of these people are but I'm still looking forward to watching Izetta dubbed. Also will there be accents in this dub because that would be epic. Very Happy

Not exactly sure which accent's they'd use. I've always guessed that it was set in a place like Poland or Austria according to the map they use and what their analog would be in Europe at the time of WW2.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:11 am Reply with quote
I don't recognise any of these VAs, are they new or just not widely talked about or am I out of the loop?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I don't recognise any of these VAs, are they new or just not widely talked about or am I out of the loop?

Burgmeier and Brown have been around since DBZ, phillips has been an adr engineer and had an occaional role for at least 5 years and started directing whenever ultimate otaku teacher began airing. The others have been active for at least a year. A few lead roles and a lot of secondary and minor roles
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Not sure about Rodak as the princess but this should be an interesting dub if nothing else.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
I'm excited to see a lot of lesser-known/unfamiliar VAs actually. Can't wait for tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Burgmeier and Brown have been around since DBZ, phillips has been an adr engineer and had an occaional role for at least 5 years and started directing whenever ultimate otaku teacher began airing. The others have been active for at least a year. A few lead roles and a lot of secondary and minor roles

I think the most well-known roles Mallorie Rodak has had so far are Yukino in Fairy Tail, Rossweisse in DxD, and Orsola Aquinas in Index II. She's the only one I'm really familiar with out of the actors aside from Burgmeier and Brown.

All that being said I'm very interested to hear this dub when it airs.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
Never heard of any of these voice actors, but I'm looking forward to the dub tonight nonetheless.
Setis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first episode, though the pronunciation of -stadt is going to drive me insane.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
The fact that I recognize very few of these names gives me the impression that Funimation is finally expanding past their usual 8 maximum voice actor pool, which is a good thing.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:37 am Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
The fact that I recognize very few of these names gives me the impression that Funimation is finally expanding past their usual 8 maximum voice actor pool, which is a good thing.

Their talent pool has been over 400 actors for several years now. Sounds like you need to do some research.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the dub for the first episode! It wasn't perfect, but it was still better than I expected. Kyle Phillips has been improving as an ADR Director and I really wanna see what Malorie Rodak and Skyler McIntosh does with their characters in future episodes.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:

They've had an expanded roster for a long time now, and not a lot of people are ready to jump into big roles from the start. Unfortunately, I think some viewers are still thinking of when Funimation was a much smaller company. The simuldubs have expanded it even more between the sheer number of shows being dubbed at any given time, and they have added an evening shift to keep up, which freed up other actors who have day jobs that didn't allow them much recording time.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
New blood is good but this many broadcast dubs is outrageous when considering the issues they had withe the "Escaflowne" Kickstarter. That is, not enough quality control.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
New blood is good but this many broadcast dubs is outrageous when considering the issues they had withe the "Escaflowne" Kickstarter. That is, not enough quality control.

Escaflowne certainly had issues, but I'm pretty sure the ADR directors, ADR engineers, voice actors, script writers, person(s) uploading the shows to the site, and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting have nothing to do with making sure backers got what they had pledged for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2