• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for Keijo!!!!!!!! Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
IMO, having a Media Blasters regular topline this dub is pretty smart.

Maybe they could have just outsourced the whole thing to NYC. Cool
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I hope Alexis gets another major broadcast dub role this season. I don't follow this show because there is a lack of a lead guy. I prefer fan service series where it has a lead guy (love triangle or harems).
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
This is more of a sports anime then a fanservice anime. Yes, there is LOTS of fanservice, but it functions as a sports anime, with all the regular tropes of one. Adjust your expectations and enjoy this wonderful crazy ride.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Aw yes! I've been waiting on this announcement. I've really enjoyed Keijo!!!!!! so far. I don't believe I've seen any show that Chapin has directed, but Monica Rial writing the scripts prety much assures me that this dub will be as ridiculous as it's supposed to be.

Amanda Lee Connors is a good choice for Nozomi (I love her as Android 18 in the TFS DBZ Abridged series) and I always love to see Felicia Angelle and Alexis Tipton in things as well. Hopefully the dub does good.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Ok then give line-up quite hmm yet looking forward to it indeed i got to watch it.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hell Yeah now this is the broadcast dub that I've been waiting for and I can't wait to see just how ridiculous the Funimation Keijo!!!!!!!! dub is, man this is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
This is more of a sports anime then a fanservice anime. Yes, there is LOTS of fanservice, but it functions as a sports anime, with all the regular tropes of one. Adjust your expectations and enjoy this wonderful crazy ride.

You see, I am not not exactly into such shows unless there is a lead guy. To me, it balances out the GL vibes.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I hope Alexis gets another major broadcast dub role this season. I don't follow this show because there is a lack of a lead guy. I prefer fan service series where it has a lead guy (love triangle or harems).

Alexis will definitely get another lead role. And Im like you when it comes to these shows. Without a lead guy like a Issei, Shido, etc... type of character the show just seems dull.
theGingerbandit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Alexis will definitely get another lead role. And Im like you when it comes to these shows. Without a lead guy like a Issei, Shido, etc... type of character the show just seems dull.

Alexis will be in the Show By Rock S2 simuldub but hopefully she will be in other major roles as well.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, none of my guesses made it into the cast list, big surprise. I guess it's to be expected; when I first read the manga I envisioned this being a Sentai production voiced by Cynthia Martinez and Brittney Karbowski. It's only fair that Funi give this one a bevy of fresh talents laced with a couple veterans.

It just occurred to me that, aside from Jamie, I'm older than every cast member on this list. God damn it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
With a cast this awesome, I'm totally excited for the many moments of fanservice that Keijo has in store! Very Happy
peno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
theGingerbandit wrote:

Alexis will be in the Show By Rock S2 simuldub but hopefully she will be in other major roles as well.

Alexis already got Yuuko in Yuri!!! on Ice, which is not major role, but it's not small role either. And, of course, she will continue to voice Tamazo in Puzzle & Dragons X. I think Keijo, Show by Rock (considering she will reprise her role in season 2, but I don't want to see fans outrage, if she will not Laughing ) Puzzle & Dragons and Yuri may be her limit for big roles this season. We don't want to overwork her, do we?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
Alexis certainly is typecast in the harem/fan service titles. Examples include "Aesthetica", "Baka and Test", "Dance in the Vampire Bund", "Date A Live", "Freezing", "Linebarrels", "My Bride is a Mermaid", "Rosario+ Vampire", and "Sekirei". Then again, I like hearing her voice in such titles because I find it rather sexy.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
The first episode is up and it sounds amazing. I can't decide which girl is my favorite. Yuko is up there. I love girls with a little muscle. Nozomi is great too. I was expecting to hear Android 18 from DBZ Abridged, but I couldn't recognize her. The cute southern girl is adorable, too. Still trying to remember their names. Her accent slays me.

English dub aside, I was surprisingly sucked into the sport aspect more than the fanservice. The girls employ a lot of varied techniques that makes Keijo actually feel like a sport. I was rooting for Nozomi to win that test match. But Kawai is scary-good at Keijo.. Unironically
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
I envisioned this being a Sentai production voiced by Cynthia Martinez and Brittney Karbowski.

Sentai's overall dubbing output is very small compared to Funi, so I don't expect them wanting to try a broadcast dub so soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2