• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: Hosoda Collection Product Spotlight: Summer Wars

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
Very smart of Funi to take this approach with the Hosoda films. I already own the original releases of the films (except for The Boy and the Beast which I wasn't a huge fan of - I'll probably get the regular edition of it). Wolf Children is the only title I can imagine double-dipping for because I truly love the hell out of that film. These don't seem to be outrageously priced, either.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I already own the regular edition of Summers Wars, but I'll most likely double-dip because of how much I liked the movie and I already have the Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Blood- wrote:
Wolf Children is the only title I can imagine double-dipping for because I truly love the hell out of that film.

Most definitely. I love that film. It was actually the first Hosoda film I ever saw (that is if you don't count the second third of the American Digimon movie.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
This almost reminds me of what Disney did to the Ghibli line. All the titles were re-released in that "blue" motif. So now FUNimation is doing something similar with their releases. First 'The Girl That Leapt Through Time', now 'Summer Wars'. So now I'm sure 'Wolf's Children' will get a release like that as well down the line.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm willing to double-dip for this as I love this movie, but I hope Funimation addresses the flimsy and cheap packaging that hindered The Girl Who Leapt Through Time's recent release. Or maybe that was just due to poor shipping by Rightstuf, who knows. Not many other people I knew bought it, they just opted for the regular edition. But the outline of the outer cover was way off from matching the inner case's art. Aside from those petty complaints, it is cool that they're doing this line, it does add a bit of prestige to films that deserve it. I'm interested in seeing what the Wolf Children and Boy and the Beast editions will look like.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Obligatory watch Digimon Adventure: Bokura no War Game!(Our War Game) before Summer Wars.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
I'm willing to double-dip for this as I love this movie, but I hope Funimation addresses the flimsy and cheap packaging that hindered The Girl Who Leapt Through Time's recent release. Or maybe that was just due to poor shipping by Rightstuf, who knows. Not many other people I knew bought it, they just opted for the regular edition. But the outline of the outer cover was way off from matching the inner case's art. Aside from those petty complaints, it is cool that they're doing this line, it does add a bit of prestige to films that deserve it. I'm interested in seeing what the Wolf Children and Boy and the Beast editions will look like.

In their initial announcement for this release they made sure to mention that they'd take special care in packaging the product so as not to repeat what happened to TokiKake. We'll see how that turns out.

What they need to do is stop reusing the same artwork all over the thing...
eyevocal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Jayhosh wrote:

In their initial announcement for this release they made sure to mention that they'd take special care in packaging the product so as not to repeat what happened to TokiKake. We'll see how that turns out.

What they need to do is stop reusing the same artwork all over the thing...

Yeah. The outer sleeve of my copy of Leapt LE (and the booklet) got a bit damaged in shipping. Here's hoping that (A) they'll replace it with one that doesn't suck at some point, and (B) use the same non-sucking type for Summer Wars and all the rest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1