• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream KonoSuba's 2nd Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Funimation or Sentai Filmworks better license this soon after. The fact that the best anime comedy of 2016 still goes unlicensed is a travesty!
Vannil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:45 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
Funimation or Sentai Filmworks better license this soon after. The fact that the best anime comedy of 2016 still goes unlicensed is a travesty!

this and Re:Zero not being picked up by either has kinda surprised me. Still glad i can legally watch it.
hsbeta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for not including Germany like with all other nice titles. German anime fans have to pirate this season. Welcome in 2017!
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
omnistry wrote:

this and Re:Zero not being picked up by either has kinda surprised me. Still glad i can legally watch it.

Given Funi's deal with Crunchy, it's very likely Funi'll dub both of these imo.
MarineCorps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:39 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

Indeed! It's surprised me that it hasn't been picked up yet.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Vannil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 am Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:

While the theory is intrestting it doesn't account for some of the crunchryoll dubs they did that haven't been transitioned (i.e Miss Monochrome) Also i think discotek did the Free! seaspn 1 dub. I think Konosuba and Re: Zero were only picked up for streaming and not video rights. I am guessing that the popularity of Re:Zero made the licence really expensive and Konosuba is probably going to be picked up by someone this season by funi or sentai.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Quote:

It's a theory I'm kinda following, but maybe(?) this is why.

While the theory is intrestting it doesn't account for some of the crunchryoll dubs they did that haven't been transitioned (i.e Miss Monochrome) Also i think discotek did the Free! seaspn 1 dub. I think Konosuba and Re: Zero were only picked up for streaming and not video rights. I am guessing that the popularity of Re:Zero made the licence really expensive and Konosuba is probably going to be picked up by someone this season by funi or sentai.

Here's the thing I still don't understand about the partnership. CR said they will still do DVD/Blu-Rays but are letting Funi dub their shows. Does that mean CR will still acquire home video rights?

On the announcements (both Fall and this Winder), it said Funi is simuldubbing those shows but it doesn't say anywhere that it's LICENSED by CR or Funi. That's why I am so confused... I think we'll know who got what once DVD/Blu-Ray announcements are made about them.

As for Konosuba, I'd rather have Funi get it because Sentai takes forever and plus Sentai ain't exactly happy with CR at the moment.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote
The following is how I have my streaming scheduled (this is not the whole schedule b:
Sat: "ClassicaLoid", "DB Kai", "Tiger Mask W", *"Rewrite 2"
Sun: "G: GIBO 2", "91 Days" dub, "Nanbaka' dub, *"Tales of Zestiria 2", "DB Kai/Super" (dub)
Mon: "Drifters' dub
Tu: "Nanbaka", "Joker Game" dub, *"Hand Shakers", "Arc-V'
W: "Twin Star Exorcists", *"AKIBA' S TRIP" (dub/sub), *"KonoSuba 2 "
Th: "Shippuden", *"Masamune-kun's Revenge",*"CHAOS;CHILD"
Fri: "Alderamin" dub, *'Seiren', *"Fuuka", either

Fri. is also when I watch an anime dub title I watch for that weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1