• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Reveals International Streaming Territories, Debut Dates For Princess Principal, Hitori

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:50 pm Reply with quote
So people who live in USA are now stuck with Anime Strike in the long, foreseeable future...

Ugh....great, kneel before our Amazon Overlord
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:03 am Reply with quote
^ We've had it so good for so long... and now we're paying for it. Sad
Marzan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:18 am Reply with quote
What a weird selection of countries they stream to.
So who streams this in Scandinavia?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:23 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
What a weird selection of countries they stream to.
So who streams this in Scandinavia?

This is the normal variety of countries that R1 licensers generally get rights for. Thought it is a little weird that Hitorijime doesn't include all of Latin America. Scandinavia and Turkey are oddballs that are sometimes included, and sometimes not. I wonder if the license hold in Japan may make the difference in that case.
MissT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:39 am Reply with quote
Wait, so there will be no legal way to watch these shows in Scandinavia? Or really the rest of Europe sans UK/Ireland?
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:26 am Reply with quote
Vatican Miracle Examiner was the show that I wanted to see getting picked up in UK/Ireland, so glad I'll be able to watch this.

Concerning HIDIVE, is it a streaming service like Crunchyroll, where you can watch streaming programmes without signing in and with ads for free, or will you have to subscribe/pay to watch these simulcasts? I see you need to pay to watch the dubs, but does that extend to the subs as well?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 am Reply with quote
So if these shows are on Anime Strike in the US, and HiDive in other English areas, what about Canada?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
So if these shows are on Anime Strike in the US, and HiDive in other English areas, what about Canada?

They're on Amazon Prime in Canada. But apparently there are sometimes delays in uploading the episodes, or it might be an episode or two behind Strike. I've been told you have to specifically search for the title though.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:43 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

We will probably get the worst service on Amazon video if the past season gives us any hint. We still have a bunch of missing episodes. Grimoire is at 9, ATOM is at 7 and Kabukibu is missing 9-10....I'm am so happy. SENTAI clearly loves us.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

We will probably get the worst service on Amazon video if the past season gives us any hint. We still have a bunch of missing episodes. Grimoire is at 9, ATOM is at 7 and Kabukibu is missing 9-10....I'm am so happy. SENTAI clearly loves us.

The episodes being behind is technically an Amazon problem, not Sentai. They have the episodes and the subtitles. They just haven't uploaded them for whatever reason.
Cave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 am Reply with quote
Wow... Had this been in the US too, I would buy a Hidive sub in a second.

Come on, Sentai... Get the heck out of Amazon's grasp already... siiiiiigh.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Hidive will have their simulcasts on a week delay for free users like Crunchyroll?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Peebs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:52 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:

Wow. That sucks. I hope people who have Anime Strike are complaining. Every day. And for each missing episode. It's tiring, but it may be the only way you'll get what you paid for.

My hopes that I'd see some of these shows on HIDIVE went up a fraction. Then I read the first paragraph and I was right. These shows are not deal breakers, unlike Tourabu, but it's still too bad I won't watch them legally.
chito895

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:18 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Does anyone know if Hidive will have their simulcasts on a week delay for free users like Crunchyroll?

I think they don't do that when it comes to their simulcast exclusives. I can't watch any of Grimoire of Zero, which is an exclusive, unless I'm premium. If these shows are also exclusive, then we'll have to pay.

If you want it to be like Crunchyroll, just like me, I think we should tell them and show interest for that kind of free service. They seem to be hearing fan opinion right now...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1