• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2017: World Premiere of Ancient Magus Bride TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
I forgot this was also being animated and aired this year. Four of my favorite manga animated... 2017 has been the best year for me anime-wise. And as Lynzee said, reading this is a different experience. It's incredibly easy to get immersed in this story, and later, when you realize that you're not in there... You feel sad.

A truly wonderful series.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see this. So jealous everyone who went to AX got to see the first three episodes.
Nodz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Four of my favorite manga animated...

What are the other 3?
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Jesus. Am I the only one that read that and felt like those guys are basically the Devil??
Their expectations seem insanely reckless and harbor far too little concern for the staff's actual lives. And knowing a little bit about Mr Wada, I don't think I'm too far off with him at least. Yes, sleep and food are the most important thing. But GOOD sleep and GOOD food, especially. This sounds horrifying.
kittykatstar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 pm Reply with quote
That was actually pretty horrifying to read, I feel so bad for the animators. Sad
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Mmmm. Not a good idea to boost about nearly killing your Japanses staff after the Japanese government just passed laws to eliminate the practice of working one's staff to death. Won't go down well in their defence should one of those "hard working" staff should suddenly choke on an energy bar and die. On topic of the plot as of the latest volume (7) it's becoming more blurred who is teaching who and who is the kohei and who is the senpai. Also on a personal note because I live and work in the UK I'm getting annoyed with the Americanising of names of British appliances and tools. We don't use "cell phones" we use "mobiles". I blame the American translators lazyness to research such things. The author using research he's gathered from what sounds like a quaint but appears rather out of date Japanese based theme park of British life and culture is glaringly vexing. He says he's been to the UK, but he doesn't appear to have learned anything from that. Very few houses except the larger old aritocratic manor houses of 18th, or later upgraded 19th and 20th centuries might have had "Claw footed" baths but many common houses had none at the start. ( No toilet, no sink, no pressured water tap, Tin pan bath by the kitchen range filled by buckets from the well outside, or in the street warmed with a kettle or two of boiling water from the solid fuel range in the kitchen. Her-in-doors spent her early childhood that way on her parents dairy farm. I'm a towny. Anime smile), and later the basic bathtub not dissimilar to your bog standard cast iron enameled bath today. Elias is depicted as a loads-o-money, though how and where he acrued such wealth hasn't been mentioned as yet, so he could easily afford modern plumbing in his what looks like an early Georgian Vicarage, or farmhouse.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Lactobacillus yogurti wrote:
Four of my favorite manga animated...

What are the other 3?

Ballroom e Youkoso, A Centaur's Life and Youkai Apato
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1