• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fairy Tail Staff Celebrates Manga's End While Creator Continues Work

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Mashima and his staff on over 10 years of FT. I never thought it would have more chapters than Rave, but it did. I look forward to your next work with even more fan service.

Side note: Would love a Rave anime remake.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind more FT but damn... this "Fake Ending" fad (which if I am not mistaken begun with Tokyo Ghoul) is beginning to piss me off.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
I don't mind more FT but damn... this "Fake Ending" fad (which if I am not mistaken begun with Tokyo Ghoul) is beginning to piss me off.

Fake Ending? How did fairy tail have a fake ending?
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Ah every time i see a FT article i hope it would announce a 3rd season really wanna see the whole thing animated.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

This "It's all over" but then goes to "JK, we have another series related (TG:Re)".
ETX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul NEVER had a faked ending. Sui Ishida is known for leaving hints everywhere in his manga, and it was clear as day that there was going to be a sequel.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:42 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

Tokyo Ghoul NEVER had a faked ending. Sui Ishida is known for leaving hints everywhere in his manga, and it was clear as day that there was going to be a sequel.

Not saying otherwise. Just saying that it's like Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. It's still the same series, while TG and TG re are different ones. Hence the "Fake" ending. It's not a real ending cause it's continuing.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

Umm how many have you read that's doin' that? Because I've read plenty and that was the first manga.that did that.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:50 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Minos_Kurumada wrote:

This "It's all over" but then goes to "JK, we have another series related (TG:Re)".

Pretty much, I am talking about and a hypothetical scenario where FT "Ends" and a couple of months later we have a continuation.

Sigh, at least I hope it doesn't have a crappy name like certain other Manga *coughborutocough*.
matt78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 volume spinoff about Lucy's search for Aquarius. Other than that I hope he is just talking about getting the rest of the series and spinoffs animated. Either that or another movie or 2.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
How many chapters are left now, based on Mashima's quote of their being 10 weeks left?
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
How many chapters are left now, based on Mashima's quote of their being 10 weeks left?

Just 3 left.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Upon first seeing the award on the black background it looked like a tombstone.

I felt the anime had a decent ending, although if there's more story I would like to see it animated. I could see a series of 13 to 26 episodes to wrap things up.
ETX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
AmpedForAnime wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Just 3 left.

I'm pretty sure it's 2 chapters left. Mashima started work on Chapter 545, stating that it was the last chapter. Maybe there will be a chapter after that as the epilogue, but who knows.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Upon first seeing the award on the black background it looked like a tombstone.

I felt the anime had a decent ending, although if there's more story I would like to see it animated. I could see a series of 13 to 26 episodes to wrap things up.
There's far more than 26 episodes of material to cover for the anime. The anime left off at Chapter 419; the latest chapter is 543. And I don't think there's really that much they can cut out without really affecting the story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2