• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Lists Home Video Releases for Space Patrol Luluco, Super Lovers Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I am utterly shocked that Drifters did not get a limited edition.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Of all of the unlicensed Crunchyroll shows, why Super Lovers? Konosuba and Re:Zero would sell way better.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Also, has Funimation forgot that they have the license to Concrete Revolutio? They haven't released it on blu ray and everything else from 2015 has been.
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Space Patrol Luluco out of no where. Now I wonder if they will get the VAs from spoiler[Little Witch Academia] will reprise their roles.
omnistry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Konosuba and Re:Zero would sell way better.

I have a hunch that will hear about the dubs for those two shows probably at Crunchyroll Expo.
niastyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see a Super Lovers release. But I'm also disappointed and not at all surprised that it's not dubbed. Why do they never dub yaoi titles? It's sad and depressing.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
niastyle wrote:
I'm glad to see a Super Lovers release. But I'm also disappointed and not at all surprised that it's not dubbed. Why do they never dub yaoi titles? It's sad and depressing.
Sad truth is, they just don't sell as well. It took us years just to get a bluray release of Junjou Romantica, and Funimation is still a business first and foremost.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
niastyle wrote:

Well, "Yuri On Ice!" is kind of that.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Not to be too much off subject here but when is Yamada and the seven witches getting released? Funimation said earlier this year it would be July and here we are with no exact date i can find yet Sad Sad
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Of all of the unlicensed Crunchyroll shows, why Super Lovers? Konosuba and Re:Zero would sell way better.

Likely just a matter of timing. Konosuba and Re:Zero are probably not too far behind.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
niastyle wrote:

Yeah, and the difference, at least to me, is that Super Lovers turned a lot of people off with its premise, whereas Yuri On Ice had hype surrounding it before its release. So I think that's why YOI got a dub and Super Lovers didn't.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:21 pm Reply with quote
It is neat that they are releasing Space Patrol Luluco; I have not watched it but have heard good things about it. And I am surprised Super Pedophiles is being released; I rather see other more worthy titles like Tatami Galaxy released.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:31 pm Reply with quote
So happy Space Patrol Luluco will be getting a dub; one of the cutest shows Trigger has put out. Makes me curious who gets the BD/DVD rights for Little Witch Academia.

Still not sure why Funimation even bothers with Super Lovers or BL based anime in general if their ecchi shows are more likely to get a dub. Perhap the shotacon fanbase is stronger in the US than I expected.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
niastyle wrote:

Yeah, and the difference, at least to me, is that Super Lovers turned a lot of people off with its premise, whereas Yuri On Ice had hype surrounding it before its release. So I think that's why YOI got a dub and Super Lovers didn't.

Maybe YOI, as well as being a sports show, doesn't have anything in it content wise (unless you are dealing with people that can't stand same-sex relationships at all) that is going to disturb a vast amount of the audience. I'm all for more dubs, but Funimation spending more money on Super Lovers like that would seem to be a bad financial decision. I'm shocked it's licensed for a physical release in the U.S. at all. No U.S. BL publisher has touched the manga because of content and cost.
Not_Nitsugalego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Space Patrol Luluco is getting a dub!?

JUSTICE!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2