• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Ali Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
I still haven't made it to an ALI Project solo live, but seeing and hearing the Arika x Minori Chihara duet of Celestial Diva (Minori Chihara solo version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvV4s7-XBCc ) at Animelo Summer Live 2013 was amazing.
genkisakurachan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Please get over this idol fixation; it's embarrassing. Ali Project is in no way "idol"; they're a band, and one of the oldest and most respected ones in their genre in Japan today.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
My favorite is Rozen Maiden – I'm friends with the author of Another, and that one is also my favorite. So I have two favorites.

Peach-Pit is a fan of Ali Project as well - they were fangirling over Arika's photobook a while back: https://www.instagram.com/p/BChTlIvJWpu/
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I've always loved the .hack//ROOTS OST that they made, but it is absolute hell trying to catch a sample of it these days with how aggressive they are at taking down YouTube vids.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
^Agreed. The OST of .hack//ROOTS was the best part of that show, and is the reason I know about Ali Project.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Coppelia no Hitsugi is the first Japanese song I heard in my life (besides Boku Ga Iru in Detective Conan). It's one of the songs that made me into an anison fan.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The first time I heard of Ali Project was in .hack//Roots. I remember thinking that the song sounded weird because it felt so different compared to the songs I heard before, but as I kept hearing the song after each episode, it grew on me until I finally fell in love with it (If I remember correctly, it took more than 12 episodes.). After that, every time I watched an anime and heard the OP/ED theme without knowing who performed it, I immediately said "Hey, it's Ali Project! YES!" and the singing didn't even start yet.

When I was watching Rakudai Kishi no Calvary, I was surprised when I heard them performing the ED theme since I haven't heard theme perform for an anime in a while (Since Rozen Maiden). Then again, I was surprised to hear Mikio Sakai perform the OP theme as well. lol

I wished to hear them perform for more anime, but the anime gods have not been so kind. Maybe in the new Code Geass.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I remember now, when we started getting a lot of anime projects, one after another, some fans out there were saying "oh, it's ALI PROJECT again?

I have more respect for them now just for acknowledging this Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1