• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gamers!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Being a similar "type" of gamer with our protag, I can say that I can relate to him.
(Me, a man who has no slightest interest in platinum-ing any single game he plays).
AmpedForAnime

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Being a similar "type" of gamer with our protag, I can say that I can relate to him.
(Me, a man who has no slightest interest in platinum-ing any single game he plays).

idk. Sure it's competitive but he's missing out imo. By joining them he'd get to play/enjoy new games, make great friends AND memories.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Quite the accurate depiction of P4U there in the second episode.
Ambulator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I like that there are romantic interests without turning into yet another harem show. Very entertaining.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker wrote:
Quite the accurate depiction of P4U there in the second episode.

Pretty sure that was just footage of the game, no? The company who produce this probably has some link to atlus.

Show is fun, it help that the writing and humor are decent because otherwise I don't really need a show to convince me gaming is fun. I'm glad he didn't just turn around a just join the club right after.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
First episode surprised me in a positive sense, but the second episode has fully sold me on the series; I'd even now consider this one a priority view. I very much liked the change in perspective for the second episode and the way they explored Tasuku's very different feelings and attitudes about gaming, and the twist about his girlfriend, and how that shook up his world view, was one that I didn't see coming. He makes a great complement to Keita and I look forward to seeing how far he goes in his resolution to tease Keita and Karen about potentially hooking up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aifhak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
yeah pretty much agree. It was fairly high up on the priority list for me outside the really big names anyways (your Owarimonogatari, Fate, New Game s2 if you enjoyed s1 like me etc) but episode 2 was really nice and absolutely sold me.

I wouldn't go out of my way and say that I disliked Aguri (pink haired girl) and Uehara (BF), but what I saw from them in ep1 wasn't really my thing. I expected them both to be kind of annoying with those silly foreshadowing scenes that had him smile in that stupid way but man did that end of ep2 change my mind. Really cute scene and Aguri in particular made a huge jump for me. Didn't expect that at all.
nechronius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 am Reply with quote
Add me to the list of people who are now impressed with the direction they went with the Aguri and Uehara duo. Definitely looking forward to this series more than I was at the end of the first episode, and even then I was still pretty impressed with the fresh approach to a well worn subject.
DanQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:40 am Reply with quote
Great, now I think that Uehara is probably better main protagonist than Keita Anime smile.
Can't wait for 3rd episode. Will they shift "main role" to another person? Perhaps Keita's "partner in online gaming"? Oh, the Anticipation! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:19 am Reply with quote
So far this is better that is has any right to be
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:57 am Reply with quote
I'm pleasantly surprised with this show and i like the humor, but it bothers me a bit that the main characteristic of both girls seems to be "being completely infatuated with a guy who doesn't really care all that much about them" (for now), though it looks like that last part might change...

I'm not even complaining about the super-hot school idol just happening to be a total geek or the girl faling madly for a guy who gave her a plushie years ago because "anime", but i would really like those girls' personalities to be a bit more complex. Well, we'll see...
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Karen's reactions when Keita was looking for Chiaki were great. The part where she asks why he was chasing Aguri and responds with "Relationship drama" was great too.

I must say, Tasuku has some good taste. I already figured Chiaki was the short haired girl from the OP, so it wasn't a surprise but he certainly got it correct that she looks cuter with short hair. Though that is certainly affected by my own preferences.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Three episodes in and our hero still hasn't joined the gaming club and continues to have no interest in it whatsoever. What a tweest!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Not really brought up is I think the hint that Aguri is actually NOBE, the person making strange free games like a dungeon crawler or something turning into a fishing game. Based on a scene where Keita seems to notice something while messaging NOBE, with the next scene him asking about Aguri, the first episode hinted that these two would have meetings together, and maybe it plays into Aguri's personality.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:30 pm Reply with quote
So far Gamers continues to be hilarious and I think it is the best comedy of the season. The biting comments that were casually thrown around were just the right level for high school students. The funniest part of the episode was Keita and Chiaki fighting about moe characters in video games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7