• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Sep 16-22 [2017-09-27]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Any theorem on why My Hero Academia's dropping so much? From what I've seen, most people think this final arc is great.

Last edited by v1cious on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 am Reply with quote
and vatican limps into last place again. if only they'd managed to go out on a big explosive hitler-baby note
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:40 am Reply with quote
Crazy how I haven't followed the 'Best of the week' all season, but my top six wounded up being the same as the cumulative top six, just in a different order. Did I finally anime correctly?
oFFoy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:47 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Any theorem on why My Hero Academia's dropping so much? From what I've seen, most people think this final arc is greta.

People who don't like it are just not very vocal about it. There is nothing wrong with MHA, but it is so generic, that there is nothing good about it either.
Crunky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Any theorem on why My Hero Academia's dropping so much? From what I've seen, most people think this final arc is great.

Dunno, those episodes even had higher community scores than everything else this season not called Made from the Abyss. This thing truly is busted.
oFFoy wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Any theorem on why My Hero Academia's dropping so much? From what I've seen, most people think this final arc is greta.

People who don't like it are just not very vocal about it. There is nothing wrong with MHA, but it is so generic, that there is nothing good about it either.

You're either talking out your butt or have been living under a rock for the past year Rolling Eyes
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Crunky wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Dunno, those episodes even had higher community scores than everything else this season not called Made from the Abyss. This thing truly is busted.

I think it's more because people who are loving MHA are also loving other things. You can have a higher overall score, but if most of the people rating MHA aren't actually voting for other stuff, or the only other things they are voting for are getting equally high ratings, they won't actually have much of an impact on the rankings. Those who watch a lot of shows are most likely rating MHA well, but slightly below a few of the other shows they are watching. Thus MHA will show up slightly below those shows. Basically, if you are rating 5 shows each week and give them all 5s, your ratings do literally nothing, because these rankings are based on preference, if your ratings express no preference, it essentially cancels out your votes. That's my understanding of how this algorithm works, at least.
Because of that, I make sure to vote things in relation to how I felt about other stuff I watched in a given week. So Made in Abyss gets a 5, Tsuredure Children gets a 4.5, MHA gets a 4, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1