Forum - View topic
What's your favorite anime/Japanese music and why?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junjo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Sunbeam vi Britannia wrote:
Kon'nichiwa anime aikō-ka Does anybody have any favorite anime musics that you watched, like their opening theme/ending theme musics?

For me, I liked most of them, like Bleach, Code Geass, Deathnote, and Full Metal Alchemist. Also, I liked the old anime series liked Eureaka 7's openings, Big O's, Lupin the 3rd's, and Neon Evengelion Genesis'. The best reasons why I love their musics is because they have good up-beat tempo, good quality, and their singing makes me feel happy. I also listened to the full versions of it
too, I love the piano, electric guitar, and any other music instruments being played. It sounds great. Even some sounds creepy and barely romantic. In my opinions.
I am happy to be here, I hope things go okay here. I love anime so much, I am looking forward into it.

That's cool, i love it thanks for sharing it with us!
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:16 am Reply with quote
Well, if the song makes your hair stand on end and you cry tears of joy when you hear it live, that counts in my books.

This last trip:

Aqua Terrarium from Nagi no Asukara performed live by co-writer Chiaki Ishikawa.
Misaka 10032 Boyfriend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
For background music it is Akira and Hiroshi Miyagawa for they scores to Yamato and Yamato 2199.

Thanks to Toaru Kagaku no Railgun I found fripSide which now my favorite band.

Maeda Jun for his Clannad music that is almost guaranteed to leave me in tears every time.
Mandragoras

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm Reply with quote
In terms of music in anime, I feel like the ensemble Geinoh Yamashirogumi's work on Akira and Joe Hisaishi's soundtrack to Spirited Away are in their own league. but in terms of series Alien Nine has some truly exquisite music used incredibly well. Most people think of Kuniaki Haishima as the Monster guy—and "Grain" is an amazing opening—but people tend to overlook Alien Nine in general and its music even more so, and that's seriously a shame. More recently, I really dug Kevin Penkin's work on Made in Abyss, in part because I am just a huge sucker for gamelan.

In terms of Japanese music in general... does anyone else here listen to harsh noise? I'm actually being entirely serious. MSBR, KK Null, Government Alpha, Merzbow when he's on point. Good stuff. In terms of more, uhhh, accessible fare, I really dig the more Sonic Youth-inflected end of J-rock (Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, Ajikan), plus a lot of more miscellaneous stuff: Coaltar of the Deepers, Corrupted, Polysics, Envy, Boris, Susumu Hirasawa. Some of that comes from anime, some from just scrounging around the Internet. You know how it is.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
opening of first season of naruto shippuden Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4