• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Beyblade Burst Evolution to Premiere on Disney XD on December 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Accelerator66

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am Reply with quote
Sounds much better than season 1's intro imo
DjangoDCCX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 am Reply with quote
I live in Canada, so I'm not overly familiar with how cable television works in the States, other than the fact that Canadian networks have lesser content restrictions than what's allowed on American networks.

However, I can't fathom the logic behind Disney XD (or any kids' network, for that matter) scheduling first-run premieres of any new (non-preschool) show on weekday mornings. Even if someone was able to watch the show, despite the target audience having to deal with school, it's not good to watch an epic cliffhanger ending and then try to get through the rest of the day without knowing the resolution. It would make more sense to watch it at 3:30pm, when I presume a lot of kids would be at home watching TV.

It doesn't look like Disney XD has anything planned for weekend evenings, and most of their animated premieres are on weekend mornings anyways. So, why not simply air the show on weekend mornings like any normal network would. I get that cable television is in decline and networks are trying new things, but this is more like a car that ran out of gas being replaced by a brand new car, rather than simply going to the gas station.

I'd be more critical if I was still interested in Beyblade or if Disney XD did this to any of their other, more popular series. What Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon have done to their own shows is disgusting, but even if Disney XD had just as much reach as those networks, this is still a minor annoyance at worst.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 pm Reply with quote
DjangoDCCX wrote:
However, I can't fathom the logic behind Disney XD (or any kids' network, for that matter) scheduling first-run premieres of any new (non-preschool) show on weekday mornings. Even if someone was able to watch the show, despite the target audience having to deal with school, it's not good to watch an epic cliffhanger ending and then try to get through the rest of the day without knowing the resolution. It would make more sense to watch it at 3:30pm, when I presume a lot of kids would be at home watching TV.

I'm also confused as to why they moved it to a weekday when the last season of Beyblade was airing on Saturday mornings at 5:30 and again at 12:30 pm, before Pokemon Sun & Moon. But then again, they replay the new episode at the same time all week so I suppose if the kids don't catch it during the week they can just see it on the weekend.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, a 8:30 AM premiere on a weekday during the school year is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Kids are obviously at school, so it's baffling how Disney X-D expects for the show to get at least decent ratings during that time-slot, unless if they're paying more attention to DVR recording numbers for shows that air during weekday morning time-slots. Even if that's the case, that still doesn't justify the way they scheduled the show. A 3:30 PM premiere would've been better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1