• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Prison School Manga Ends on December 25

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:07 am Reply with quote
Wow. The ultimate gift this Christmas. Amazing series. Hoping for a next season.
UncleDrew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Wow. The ultimate gift this Christmas. Amazing series. Hoping for a next season.

Worst case it will not get a second season and we all will forget greatness of this series. Sad time in my opinion
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am Reply with quote
Holy Crap! Was not expecting this news. Shocked
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:

Same here. Just wow I haven't even caught up with the manga!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
TdFern 87 wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:

Same here. Just wow I haven't even caught up with the manga!

Here's hoping Prison School gets an anime that'll complete the whole series. Anime smile
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
Figures when I make the decision to start reading this it ends.
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly not surprised, not sure what more can be done in it. The story from the Cavalry battle onwards has plummeted in quality, the pacing is abysmal and it has lost all the charm it had since spoiler[the prison was demolished]. It feels like it's running just to keep running which you really can tell.

I'm glad he's finishing it before he runs it into the ground any further.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
This is as good a time as any to buy the rest of the manga that's out in English, I guess. Gee, my wallet's going to be drained dry this holiday season...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Revan32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
This is as good a time as any to buy the rest of the manga that's out in English, I guess. Gee, my wallet's going to be drained dry this holiday season...

I had the same thought, so...

Christmas came a bit early

It will be a long time before we can place the entire series on our shelves.
xchampion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I am quite saddened by this news to be honest. I thought it was still a highly entertaining series. I was under the impression the series was still selling pretty well. I think the manga volumes were still doing 100k first week sells, which is good for an adult gag manga. I guess it's better to finish sooner than later before the quality dips any longer. I do think it lost popularity since the Calvary Arc took so dang long. I'm excited to see how it ends Laughing [/spoiler]
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Considering how majority seems to agree on how painfully slow and bad the last arcs were, it might be the best choice to end it
MoonStar9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:47 pm Reply with quote
For those who defended it, there you have it. The Cavalry Battle killed this manga. It dragged on for WAY too long and got so redundant that I began skimming every chapter that came out for like 20 chapters straight and missed absolutely nothing. How do you drag out a high school cavalry battle for TWO FKN YEARS???!?

Look at the reception this arc got:

The reviewers are all saying the quality dropped, they're gonna stop buying, and Hiramoto ran out of ideas. Also, looks like, same as me, a lot of readers were only kept with the series for Hana. A shame...

spoiler[One again my ship sinks. Why do I ever ship when this is the outcome every time??? R.I.P Hana x Kiyoshi. The curse of Kana Hanazawa strikes again. The Principal's side quest was completely pointless, and after all the development with the boys Mari remains a misandrist and leaves the school without a word to her friends and sister (on her birthday no less), Kiyoshi ends up with the girl he had the least amount of screen time with, and the boys spend the final chapters apart.]

Boy, that last volume is gonna get bombed by negative reviews like Bleach's did.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah the last few chapters and arcs have been dying in terms of quality.

Im surprised its ending this soon tho.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
damn i really enjoyed this series and gotta say I did realize that it felt drawn out at times.
I wholeheartedly disagree about the part with spoiler[the principal's side... STORY.
That part was for me one of the most entertaining arcs/stories of the... SERIES
but then again i might be biased since im a big fan of the ass... MAN]
jdnation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I know the school arc jumped the shark in ways you wouldn't expect from a manga this raunchy and nuts... but if it's ending soon, then it's going out on a whimper... it looked as if they were only just beginning to build to something bigger...

Maybe if they ever do another anime season, they can rewrite the final arc to cut out the fat, and incorporate more of the latter post chapter developments in.

Give the anime an original final arc that combines the cavalry event with the b-day stuff. You couldn't call the final chapters event-worthy considering what it's following, but there were at least some better developments in smaller moments...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2