• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Violet Evergarden's 4th Promo Video Previews Aira Yuki Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
I can't qait for this one. Curse you netflix!! Now I have no choice but to pirate this. Also that song, I want it so badly!! It's such a great song from what i'm hearing so far. It reminds me of the God Only Knows songs where it is sung in mainly English which is interesting!! I like those kinds of songs!
Robiii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Hold on. Netflix will stream it in Japan already in January? Like release episodes weekly alongside TV networks, or release all episodes at once?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
This anime continues to look too amazing and intriguing to wait for Netflix. I will be looking for a pirate site in a month. Netflix is making me sin.

Robiii wrote:
Hold on. Netflix will stream it in Japan already in January? Like release episodes weekly alongside TV networks, or release all episodes at once?

I am pretty sure it is streamed weekly in Japan by Netflix, but the rest of the world can go f.uck themselves.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I dare say that Netflix's regional variations has led to a substantial (but fragile) market for VPN providers. Of course, the world of anime is amply familiar with solutions lying further beyond the penumbra of the moral grey area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
I dare say that Netflix's regional variations has led to a substantial (but fragile) market for VPN providers. Of course, the world of anime is amply familiar with solutions lying further beyond the penumbra of the moral grey area.

I’m pretty sure if you used a VPN to watch anime from a Japanese server, it wouldn’t come with English subs anyways. Also, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every time Netflix gets exclusive anime (Seven Deadly Sins, Little Witch Academia, and even this), they get WORLDWIDE streaming rights. This isn’t like CR-Funi partnership only benefitting NA or something. Also it comes with several language dubs (the quality of these are up to debate/opinion), so other than the delayed release schedule, its a general win for most people around the world. Granted, I myself will be watching the fansubs every week, though I’ll stream it again on Netflix too.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:

I’m pretty sure if you used a VPN to watch anime from a Japanese server, it wouldn’t come with English subs anyways. Also, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Every time Netflix gets exclusive anime (Seven Deadly Sins, Little Witch Academia, and even this), they get WORLDWIDE streaming rights. This isn’t like CR-Funi partnership only benefitting NA or something. Also it comes with several language dubs (the quality of these are up to debate/opinion), so other than the delayed release schedule, its a general win for most people around the world. Granted, I myself will be watching the fansubs every week, though I’ll stream it again on Netflix too.

It's garbage BECAUSE of the delay. In today's world, it's really hard to avoid spoilers if you hang out in areas that discuss anime AT ALL. We basically get punished for Netflix doing this. And as for "wouldn't come with English subs anyway", there have been at least one case where they DID have English subs on weekly-aired anime on Netflix Japan. Specifically, Kuromukuro. That is proof they they CAN easily do it. They just choose to punish western audiences by making us waste for sub-par dubs that we don't even care about.

It really is silly. Give subs to the people that want them, ASAP. The people they want to wait for dubs, WILL wait. There's literally no reason for them to hold back the release.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:47 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:

ANN had a previous news article about this:
animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-12-10/kyoto-animation-violet-evergarden-anime-premieres-january-10/.125102
Quote:

The official website for Kyoto Animation's Violet Evergarden anime series revealed on Saturday that the series will premiere on Tokyo MX1 at 00:00 on January 10 (effectively midnight on January 11), followed by ABC Asahi and TV Aichi on January 10, BS11 on January 11, and HTB Hokkaido TV on January 13.

Netflix will stream the anime series worldwide. The company will stream the series inside Japan starting in January when the anime airs on Japanese television. The company will then stream the series outside of Japan starting in spring 2018.

Anyways, I'm just curious about the home video license. I'd assume CR/Funimation due to big bucks involved but who knows maybe Sentai since they got Beyond the Boundary and the movie, another big but older KyoAni title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1