• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chihayafuru's 'Important Announcement' is 10th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Jebaited
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:19 pm Reply with quote
This is just a bit underwhelming

I wish there was at least some new merchandise to buy. Ah well probably better for my wallet in the long run.

Looking forward to see what Rumiko Takahash, Chico Umino & Hiromu Arakawa draws for the series though.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:03 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting anything and I'm still disappointed
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm still holding out hope for Season 3
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Happy 10th Anniversary!

2008年02号, the second issue of Be Love for 2008.

A little premature, as usual, but the excitement is real and celebrations can't start early enough, though some speeches, as usual, will be a little long winded, or may seem that way. Congratulations!

From the Be Love Chihayafuru gallery. Pictured, Chihaya's first appearance on the cover of that magazine in which she made her first appearance. Seen swiping a card which must by now be familiar to all of us here. Seen from the perspective of her opponent. Seen coming right at us, a familiar scene, although few of us will sit in that position.

This image of Chihaya Ayase also made it onto the dust jacket of the second tankōbon. When someone asked us to wonder, Tare wo ka mo?

Se wo hayami, when there were three.
Then four...

Long may it continue! as Kiszoki put it on r/chihayafuru.

A poem on every cover and a cover for every poem. That's what I still hope for but I'll settle for less if that isn't on the books. So much still to look forward to, not going by the numbers. So much already to look back on and remember fondly. Talked about among likeminded friends. Some taking on the seats of opponents, assuming adversarial roles, as we must in this setting of competitive karuta. Meguri-ahite to Mi-Yoshino. Which one have you saved for last? Whenever you're ready to reveal. To your health, therefore, and in celebration of your imagination, Suetsugu-sensei.

Fortunately, Yuki Suetsugu loves drawing.

Perhaps interesting to note here as well, that she is one of the mangaka who contributed to the "Kimi ni Todoke Special Tribute Book", the 36 page bonus provided with the January 2018 issue of "Betsuma".
HikariGo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Cheap marketing ploy to get readers to buy the next issue.

In no shape or form does this constitute a 'very important announcement'.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
This is just a bit underwhelming
I wish there was at least some new merchandise to buy. Ah well probably better for my wallet in the long run.
Looking forward to see what Rumiko Takahash, Chico Umino & Hiromu Arakawa draws for the series though.
Have you ever been the only person dancing at a party? The only one in the audience jumping up and down at a concert? That's more or less what I'm experiencing right now. I see all sorts of exciting announcements for this series and can barely sit still while looking around wondering, briefly, "how can everyone else remain motionless?" "Is it the tune?" before going back to enjoying myself.

According to the printed announcement from the magazine, also posted here, there will be new merchandise at the announced travelling exhibition at department store galleries, "Chihayafuru no Sekai ~Suetsugu Yuki Hatsu Genga Ten~" (World of Chihayafuru: Yuki Suetsugu's First Original Art Exhibit)".

The Toho website for the "Musubi" film also has a "place holder" for "Goods" which they'll probably turn into a live link to an online store - possibly NTV as in previous years -whenever they're ready to start selling. Probably closer to the premiere of the film or the launch of the TV specials.

During a Line Live event with Suzu Hirose, on December 13, she revealed the magazine in which the main Chihayafuru manga series will resume. Showing the cover of the Be Love issue which will contain chapter 191 as well as the continuation of the spin-off manga, ちはやふる中学生編 (Chihayafuru: Chūgakusei-hen).

The Line Live also included the -slightly chaotic- announcements for the start of advance ticket sales for the live action film, Chihayafuru: Musubi. Hirose also revealed the present for those who buy their "Musubi" tickets early in a cinema.

The official film related websites have since been updated. Toho now provides the theater list for which a listing shows on the "Musubi" site as well.

A banner for the start of advance ticket sales, on December 23, 2017, has been added to the front page. The linked News section now includes images and additional information for the present, the "Orginal Karuta Set", provided with an early purchase of a "Musubi" ticket in a cinema. 20.000 cards will be distributed nationwide in Japan.

"Permanent links" are up for the "two parts" of the Line Live broadcast. The announcement starts from approximately 04:40 in this video.

Details can be found in Be Love 1 for 2018 as well, the magazine was released earlier today, December 15.
Drunk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 am Reply with quote
HikariGo wrote:
Cheap marketing ploy to get readers to buy the next issue.

In no shape or form does this constitute a 'very important announcement'.

People should stop assuming that "important announcement" or "big news" HAS to do something with an anime. An art exhibition may not be such a big thing for fans outside of Japan, but maybe for Japanese fans it is...
*...Ame to Yuki...*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
So glad that Yuki Suetsugu is getting all that love from fellow creators, those are some big mangaka names. It is just so nice that the Japanese manga industry is forgiving like that.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:11 am Reply with quote
Great to see Suetsugu's work celebrated in so many formats and by so many people who understand. I'd like to go and see this traveling exhibition, too. On December 21, 2017 Jennifer
Sherman's article for ANN, with translations and additional details, was uploaded: Chihayafuru Exhibit Debuts With Original Art, Manuscripts in Spring.

In Japan, the advance tickets for the third and final Chihayafuru film, "Musubi", have since gone on sale (December 23, 2017). The gift this time: a set of cards, fifteen members of the cast, depicted in character, associated with one poem each. Whoever came up with that idea knows what they have. We're happy to receive.

In about two days from now, the second Be Love issue for 2018 is going to be released. January holds other promises too. Not quite ready for spring just yet.
#Verso.Sciolto

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:03 pm Reply with quote
On the occasion, Yuki Suetsugu - via Comic Natalie

Eiga Natalie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1