• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ONE's Mob Psycho 100 Manga Ends on Friday

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mealstrom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
What percentage of this did the anime get through?
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this doesn't mean no second season, but it probably does. Too bad, because personally, I enjoyed this series a lot more than One Punch Man.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't mean no second season, but it probably does. Too bad, because personally, I enjoyed this series a lot more than One Punch Man.

So you're saying because the manga is ending while the creator's still alive... that means absolutely no season 2.

What.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
Huh, that's funny. I assumed that One Punch Man would end first as it's the longer running of the two. Also I doubt that Bones would have gone to such efforts of making some of the best animation of the decade if it was only meant to be an manga advertisement.

Last edited by Zeino on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Starbuckets

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 am Reply with quote
Mealstrom wrote:
What percentage of this did the anime get through?
Not even half, actually. The later chapters are divided into smaller parts so there's a lot more left to cover (around 4-5 major arcs).

I'm sad it's ending but on the other hand I'm glad I was able to follow such an incredible manga; thank you ONE for offering us one of the most heartwarming coming of age stories I've had the pleasure of reading, and I'm looking forward to whatever you come up with next.
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 am Reply with quote
People forget why anime is even made in the first place when it adapts from a manga.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
Too bad it didn't end at exactly 100 chapters.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:09 am Reply with quote
I was kinda expecting it, we're at chapter 100 for a few months after all. There is also almost nothing you could introduce to advance the story even further.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this will ever get an official english release; i'd definitely buy it.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:25 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:

So you're saying because the manga is ending while the creator's still alive... that means absolutely no season 2.

What.

Yes. I don't know how you somehow missed this but anime from finished manga only happens when it's extremely famous or some sort of anniversary project. This is because anime is made in part to sell manga- and when the manga is done, there is no more manga to sell. A S2 is extremely unlikely at this point.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
People forget why anime is even made in the first place when it adapts from a manga.

I think that's a bit cynical and generalizing. You act like you're directly involved with the industry in Japan and can speak for every single anime that's made based off a manga, which is frankly absurd. There's various reasons and cases, for example passion projects from certain people and sometimes it's nice to get part of your story full animated with sound, color, and so fourth. For this lets strictly talk about Mob Psycho, I personally doubt the anime was made solely to push the manga's sales, the manga's art style isn't something that likely appeals to a wide audience and sales aren't likely to sky rocket because of the anime. The anime is a fantastic adaptation with superb animation that has a lot of heart, great talent worked on it and it's true to the manga's art style. It doesn't adapt the entire story sure, but it adapts a portion of it and does a great job. I doubt Mob Psycho is a case where the first season got created to be a manga ad so they won't bother making another season, it seems like an adaption that had love go into it's creation and a second season wouldn't be unlikely.

Sorry if my post is at all assumptive of your view points and comes across as at all aggressive. I'm just passionate about Mob Psycho and find cynical attitudes on the industry to be frustrating. Maybe I'm wrong about somethings in my post and if so people are free to correct me, but for now I stand by what I say.
Ushio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:

What.

Late night anime is made as an advertisement for the manga/light novel/video game it is based on. If the manga is ending what's the point of spending money on a loss making anime to advertise it?
Niello

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:
G S Palmer wrote:

What.

Late night anime is often made as an advertisement for the manga/light novel/video game it is based on. If the manga is ending what's the point of spending money on a loss making anime to advertise it?

Fixed it for you.

Also within that "often" is that often time the manga sale is only a part of why an adaptation gets made. There are other stuff to be gained out of making an anime, the obvious one being merchandise.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
^Plus, even a finished manga series can still sell?

I love this manga and i really hope there's a chance for seeing it completely animated one day, preferably by the team who did such an amazing job with the first season!
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry if this hurts you guys but that's real life in the end of the day anime is made to sell manga even if the people making the anime have passion it doesn't change the fact that's its propose when a manga of said anime is done chances are so the chances of a second season or whateverand maybe I can't convince you but a maybe time will watch by 2021 and there is still no news of Mob second season well all I can say is I told you so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3