• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games: The First Final Fantasy Rides Again

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
The Tiny Metal link goes to the last This Week In Games - that isn't right is it? I'm not seeing any impressions of it there anyway.

I am curious to know if this game could possibly be good enough to survive all the controversy with its creators.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Final Fantasy: Happy 30th Anniversary to the first Final Fantasy! Sadly, while I have the Dawn of Souls version on GBA, I have not come close to finishing it. One of these years I hope...

Phantasy Star: I don't think the series will ever return to its classic roots. People like the online iteration too much, even if the U.S. hasn't received any further entries in it. Maybe it's time for a change, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Black Clover: Quartet Knights: This was likely given an immediate localization in an attempt to cash in on the anime just starting up here, which might work considering the dub will start to introduce new faces to the cast next year.

Steel Trails Continue to Run Cold: The wait for Cold Steel III's localization announcement is probably going to drive people crazier now that the fourth entry has been been pretty much declared. I know I'm certainly waiting in anticipation for it.
eely225

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
The Tiny Metal link goes to the last This Week In Games - that isn't right is it? I'm not seeing any impressions of it there anyway.

I am curious to know if this game could possibly be good enough to survive all the controversy with its creators.

You're right, it was supposed to be the one from two weeks ago animenewsnetwork.com/the-x-button/2017-12-07/this-week-in-games-you-should-be-playing-better-fanservice-games/.124928
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:34 pm Reply with quote
URL error has been corrected.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
"Yeah yeah we were wiped out!" I just had to laugh at that one.

As for that Black Clover game getting an English dub immediately, well, it feels like someone is betting the farm on Black Clover's success. It has one of the fastest English dubs for an anime that isn't a simuldub (or distributed by Pony Canyon USA), was brought almost immediately to Toonami sight unseen (unlike with Attack on Titan Season 2, which had huge success in Season 1, or Dimension W or Space Dandy, which were made for US audiences in mind) and over other more requested anime, and now there's this.

Incidentally, teams of 4 seem to be the standard for third-person shooters nowadays.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
im gonna go play ff in google translate right now
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1