• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Announces Simuldub Premiere Dates

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
A dub of Pop Team Epic? Dear god... I must check it out
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Now I wait to see who plays Sakura in the Funimation dub because I doubt they will use the cast from the second movie.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe Clear Card will have the same Cast as CCS New Dub
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Hmm can't decide if Overlord and Citrus are enough for me to renew my sub...
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Which dub are you referring to Starfan the one for the sealed card or the Animax dub that was included in the re-release.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
Maybe Clear Card will have the same Cast as CCS New Dub

If you mean the Blu ray release then that dub isn't new. It was recorded in Singapore in 2005. They won't use that cast.

As for the Sealed Card cast, they are LA based and while not impossible, unlikely. Their voices (Sakura and Tomoyo) were so squeaky, I couldn't take them seriously.

They might use the Tsubasa cast. Hope not as Monica Rial is not a good fit for Sakura. Like Yona, she was too nasal. Her voice works better for eccentric or unhinged characters.

I just want them to cast someone as Sakura who can sound natural even if it means a slightly deeper voice then the Japanese. That's why Carly Mckillip from the Cardcaptors dub is my favourite English voice for Sakura, but they obviously won't cast her.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote
A very strong line-up, I might just wait for the dub of most of the one I'll watch.

The only 100% sure so far are Soul hunter, CCS, FRANX and Hanamaru 2, but I'm probably going to check both dub and sub for CCS and FRANXX.

Plus Black Clover and Magus Bride.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Having to wait so long to hear Tabitha Rai as Hotaru again...can i just get the Dagashi Kashi dub now please?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping the bottom of their blog post is serious about more announcements because I don't see Saiki K. season two on there.

Snakebit1995 wrote:
Having to wait so long to hear Tabitha Rai as Hotaru again...can i just get the Dagashi Kashi dub now please?

Right there with you on that.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I'm hoping the bottom of their blog post is serious about more announcements because I don't see Saiki K. season two on there.
Honestly with all the Saiki stuff they have been posting on their twitter for the last month I would be very shocked if they dont.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

Snakebit1995 wrote:

Right there with you on that.

Is Saiki K getting the 5 minute daily treatment again or are they just doing the one episode 20 or so minutes once a week
RoamFree

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
As for the Sealed Card cast, they are LA based and while not impossible, unlikely. Their voices (Sakura and Tomoyo) were so squeaky, I couldn't take them seriously.

I just want them to cast someone as Sakura who can sound natural even if it means a slightly deeper voice then the Japanese. That's why Carly Mckillip from the Cardcaptors dub is my favourite English voice for Sakura, but they obviously won't cast her.

Don't forget that some of the voices from the Sealed Cast Eng Dub (Mona Marshall's Syaoran and Joshua Seth's Yamazaki) remind you of other characters so much, you can't get it out of your head.

This will be interesting when that day arrives, as this will be Sakura's fourth (five if you count Tsubasa) English voice, and whoever gets the role, along with both the script writer and ADR director behind the adaptation, it will make for a ton of discussions.

Looking at Funi's voice acting roster, here are those I can see being able to pull off that role:
Luci Christian (Honey from Ouran High School Host Club)
Megan Shipman (Hanamaru Kunikida from Love Live! Sunshine!!)
Apphia Yu (You Watanabe from Love Live! Sunshine!!)

As for the other major characters:
Tomoyo Daidouji - Jad Saxton (Kanna from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) or Alexis Tipton (Milinda Brantini from Heavy Object)
Syaoran Li - Justin Briner (Deku from My Hero Academia) or Micah Solusod (Jonah Mar from Jormungand)
Kero - Greg Ayres (Koyuki from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad), Cherami Leigh (Patty Thompson from Soul Eater) or Alison Viktorin (Conan Edogawa from Case Closed)

Last edited by RoamFree on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm Reply with quote
For me from that list Roam Free
Apphia Yu for Sakura
Alison Viktorin for Kero. For me I don't want Kero sound like Goku from Saiyuki which I would probably get with Greg
Jad Saxton for Tomoyo
Justin Briner for Syaoran
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Just curious. Will they use the different voice actor trick on Pop Team Epic's dub too?
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
RoamFree wrote:
SnowWarren wrote:

Don't forget that some of the voices from the Sealed Cast Eng Dub (Mona Marshall's Syaoran and Joshua Seth's Yamazaki) remind you of other characters so much, you can't get it out of your head.

This will be interesting when that day arrives, as this will be Sakura's fourth (five if you count Tsubasa) English voice, and whoever gets the role, along with both the script writer and ADR director behind the adaptation, it will make for a ton of discussions.

Looking at Funi's voice acting roster, here are those I can see being able to pull off that role:
Luci Christian (Honey from Ouran High School Host Club)
Megan Shipman (Hanamaru Kunikida from Love Live! Sunshine!!)
Apphia Yu (You Watanabe from Love Live! Sunshine!!)

As for the other major characters:
Tomoyo Daidouji - Jad Saxton (Kanna from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) or Alexis Tipton (Milinda Brantini from Heavy Object)
Syaoran Li - Justin Briner (Deku from My Hero Academia) or Micah Solusod (Jonah Mar from Jormungand)
Kero - Greg Ayres (Koyuki from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad) or Alison Viktorin (Conan Edogawa from Case Closed)

You're right about Mona Marshall's Syaoran sounding too much like Izzy. It was so distracting.
Robert McCollum might reprise Yukito from Tsubasa as well as Eric Vale reprising Toya. Their voices were OK.
Greg Ayres might be interesting as Kero, but can he do the deeper voice of Keroberos? They might choose an actor who could do both.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3