• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thank you, Mods, for doing a thankless job

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelmirror

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:59 am Reply with quote
This might count as spam in this forum, I really don't know. I'm sure lots of people will object to it on the grounds that I'm just brown-nosing or just looking for approval. That's fine, I don't really care. I just figure that if people are allowed to object to mod behavior on these forums, I'd take a couple minutes and thank them instead.

Mods, thank you for doing this. I've seen a ridiculous number of gross comments, logical fallacies, and outright flame-baiting going on in the comment threads here at ANN. A younger version of me would probably spend way too much time getting in pointless and intractable arguments that erode my faith in humanity.

But the mod comments here display an incredible amount of patience, and a presumption of good faith in posters long after I would have lost my ****. If I were to jump in and voice my support for you lot in any threads where you were holding the trolls off at the gates, I'd only be throwing gas on the flames, so I'll just say it here. You folks are the greatest, and thanks for keeping this great site going. I have no idea how you do it, but I'm grateful that you do.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
steelmirror wrote:
This might count as spam in this forum, I really don't know. I'm sure lots of people will object to it on the grounds that I'm just brown-nosing or just looking for approval. That's fine, I don't really care. I just figure that if people are allowed to object to mod behavior on these forums, I'd take a couple minutes and thank them instead.

........If I were to jump in and voice my support for you lot in any threads where you were holding the trolls off at the gates, I'd only be throwing gas on the flames, so I'll just say it here. You folks are the greatest, and thanks for keeping this great site going. I have no idea how you do it, but I'm grateful that you do.

You were quite right in your assumption that mentioning your thanks in a specific thread where a problem was occurring could fan the flames, even if that was not your intention at all. This is the Feedback section so your Feedback is certainly appropriate here. Just because the section normally is more negative in topic, or users needing assistance, that doesn't mean positive feedback is not welcomed. Quite the contrary.

Since you took the time to post this here as one of the mods here I thank you for your kind words towards all of us.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your kind words.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Much appreciated. Thanks for the time and thought to type this out. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1