• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon -Le Mouvement Final- Musical to Screen in U.S. Theaters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised on two accounts (let alone that they are doing this, period!) First, is that they are airing just the last play. The latest, but strange for an audience that (mostly) hasn't watched any of them. Second, is only tiny theaters seem to be getting it. I find that usually the bigger, muulti-screen AMCs etc seem to get anime movies. That, and more art-house theaters.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Bring on The Sailor Moon Musical
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Such limited selection and also none in or near our nations capital or even New York.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
This is very exciting news as I never thought they would ever release an official English subtitle version of Seramyu in North America at all. Does anyone know who is releasing this in North America? It doesn't look like Viz is involved with this release at all. I hope they will expand to more cities and this will eventually lead to this and the previous Seramyu musicals finally being released on official English subtitled home video releases in North America. This is a very exciting time to be a Sailor Moon fan.
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I hope they will expand to more cities and this will eventually lead to this and the previous Seramyu musicals finally being released on official English subtitled home video releases in North America. This is a very exciting time to be a Sailor Moon fan.

Here's hoping. It is exciting though I'm also continuing to be underwhelmed with almost all of the dealings with the franchise in the US. While there is logic to them such limited releases are super hard for most fans to attend. I remember when so many fans were excited last year over the Sailor Moon Musical at Anime Matsuri too. Even if I could, I won't step foot near Anime Matsuri either despite it being the con that has continued to be chosen for whatever reasons to do cool things at too. So I really hope eventually something more accessible and affordable will come along.
eternalblue81

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I never could have imagined 20-some years ago that a Sailor Moon musical would be showing at a theater near me in 2018. I'll definitely try my best to see it at one of the Ann Arbor theaters when it shows.
CR85747

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
This is very exciting news as I never thought they would ever release an official English subtitle version of Seramyu in North America at all. Does anyone know who is releasing this in North America? It doesn't look like Viz is involved with this release at all. I hope they will expand to more cities and this will eventually lead to this and the previous Seramyu musicals finally being released on official English subtitled home video releases in North America. This is a very exciting time to be a Sailor Moon fan.

CineLife Entertainment, a special events distributor for art house cinemas.
SushiLord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Out the corner of my eye, I thought that was the poster for Tim Burton's Dark Shadows.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:27 am Reply with quote
Are all the theaters listed getting it? Because I see Seattle on there, but when I go to buy tickets through them, there is no mention of Sailor Moon, and I keep spamming that buy tickets button, hoping something will change...
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am Reply with quote
Never thought I'd see this happen. Sadly no showings in my area, but I'm just excited a Sailor Moon Musical is getting legally released here. Hope there's a home video release too!
Loveless100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to see this in Tokyo during its run, and it was a lot of fun! If you're able to go you will not be disappointed!

I'm surprised to see this in movie theaters here, and I hope to see more in the future! Can't wait!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:46 am Reply with quote
Some new locations seem to have been added to sailormoonlive.com. Anime Expo should try to screen this for this year.
yuricon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
I had a chance to attend a screening yesterday at a theater in a part of my state I had never been to, so it was an adventure. Anime smile

The theater was small, maybe 100 seats, but full of enthusiastic fans of all ages. I chatted with a bunch after the show and we all agreed it was surprisingly good.

It was a real pleasure to catch this, I'm glad they did it. If you've never seen a Sailor Moon Musical, (even if you have) this was worth getting to see!

I'm writing up a full review fo Okazu today.

Cheers,

Erica
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1