• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Hathaway Film Trilogy, Overseas Gundam UC2 Drama Teased

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
Really curious to see what changes they end up making to the Ξ Gundam... that thing always seemed like a real bitch to animate.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Really curious to see what changes they end up making to the Ξ Gundam... that thing always seemed like a real bitch to animate.

That and Penelope Gundam. We're likely to honestly see them being CGI to be honest. With this being crossed off the checklist maybe in another 10 year's we'll finally see Crossbone animated ; ;
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:45 am Reply with quote
It’s easy to dislike Hathaway in CCA, but I feel like Hathaway’s Flash was too mean-spirited, even for Gundam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
Very cool! I’m looking forward to more news about this.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:57 am Reply with quote
It seems that Fukui-sensei really likes Hathaway's Flash.

I've also heard that he actually has been working on a sequel to Gundam Unicorn. This guy has a really interesting vision.
halo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 am Reply with quote
Crap, I was hoping the next manga to get animated was going to be CDA. Anime Char really needs laid...
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
Hathaway’s Flash gets a film trilogy before Crossbone gets a series?

I would say the timelines match up at least.

Also, overseas drama? You mean, all my jokes about an HBO Mobile Suit Gundam aren’t crazy talk?
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Hathaway’s Flash gets a film trilogy before Crossbone gets a series?

I would say the timelines match up at least.

Also, overseas drama? You mean, all my jokes about an HBO Mobile Suit Gundam aren’t crazy talk?

Honestly at this point they forced their own hand into making Hathaways Flash. Psycoframes of that nature were to have been taboo/outlawed to produce but then we have multiple units running around with them. Minvosky Craft System was the next MS frame design system but since they can't seem to leave Unicorn alone they had no choice to make this.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 am Reply with quote
Given that Hathaway was the second worst character in CCA, I can't say I'm eager to see more of his escapades but at least this has more of a reason to exist than Gundam NT does. Through considering that the novels was written by unhappy Tomino who tends to be him at his worst, I'm expecting it to be a Victory-level train wreck of contrived and hollow tragedy. Through maybe it could get a better ending now like the Zeta movie trilogy.

Last edited by Zeino on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:42 am Reply with quote
That's certainly interesting. I wonder what the staff on Hathaway will be like - Haruhiko Mikimoto did illustrations for the novels and has a new boost of relevancy after Kabaneri, so maybe they'll bring him on board. And if they'll keep the decidedly Do You Remember Love-esque pilot suit...
AkaRed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
Oh I'll see one of my top 3 favourite Mobile Suit Gundam animated my RX-105 Xi Gundam OMG I'm so happy crying happily ♥♥ Anime cry ♥ ♥
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I could have lived without a Hathaway film, especially if they stretch it into a trilogy, but i wish the best to the Narrative (what a name) team. I just hope it isn´t a proper Unicorn sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Curemaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess those yearly polls about Hathaway's Flash as one of the most requested anime really pays off. Next target is the long awaited Crossbone, which probably after 2022. Once it's announced, the internet probably gonna broke down again, just like today.
residentgrigo wrote:
I could have lived without a Hathaway film, especially if they stretch it into a trilogy, but i wish the best to the Narrative (what a name) team. I just hope it isn´t a proper Unicorn sequel.

Don't worry, because the proper Unicorn sequel is planned for 2022 release, probably after the Hathaway's Flash trilogy is done (2019-2021). Also, I think Narrative takes place between UC 0095-0097, since Sinanju Stein and Phenex is still exist (Stein was stolen by the Sleeves prior to Unicorn, while Phenex gone missing in late UC 0095).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:19 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It’s easy to dislike Hathaway in CCA, but I feel like Hathaway’s Flash was too mean-spirited, even for Gundam.

Given what he did in Char's Counterattack it seems only fair.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Given what he did in Char's Counterattack it seems only fair.

It's not just mean toward Hathaway, it's mean toward Bright. After all the crap he's been through, he didn't deserve that to happen to him, even if he does eventually recover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2