• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animator Akira Kimura (or Arimura?) in NieA_7 - seeking kanji credits

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:11 pm Reply with quote
The English credits of NieA_7 have a key animator "Akira Kimura" for episode 10. However the archive of D2 Station's page for the series credits 有村晶 (Akira Arimura?). I can't find any evidence of the kanji name popping up in a different series, so it's possible that D2 Station's info was an incorrect transcription. Does anyone have access to kanji credits in this case? (how is Discotek's Blu-ray release in that regard?)
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
The English credits of NieA_7 have a key animator "Akira Kimura" for episode 10. However the archive of D2 Station's page for the series credits 有村晶 (Akira Arimura?). I can't find any evidence of the kanji name popping up in a different series, so it's possible that D2 Station's info was an incorrect transcription. Does anyone have access to kanji credits in this case? (how is Discotek's Blu-ray release in that regard?)

I watched the Japanese version of NieA_7 and made a note of the credit titles.
The key animators include 有村晶.
Probably the family name is 'Arimura'. The reading of the given name may be 'Akira'. It may be 'Shō'. It may be 'Hikaru'.
As I said in the Name reading assistance thread, it is sometimes difficult for outsiders to correctly read a Japanese name written in kanji.

EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for looking it up, hyojodoji. So it looks like D2 Station's transcription was accurate at least. I did know the reading of the given name kanji is potentially ambiguous, but with no other titles yet known of the person appearing, I'll just go with "Akira" as listed in English credits (even if they got the family name wrong, for whatever reason).
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
Thanks for looking it up, hyojodoji.

It's a pleasure.

EmperorBrandon wrote:
...but with no other titles yet known of the person appearing,

'有村晶' might be a (one-off) pseudonym, like Charlie Parker was billed as 'Charlie Chan' for Jazz at Massey Hall for contractual reasons.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1