• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KADO - The Right Answer Gets English-Subtitled Compilation Film on YouTube

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Kado was a seriously awesome sci-fi and it's constant twists were an absolute joy. Only sad thing was that it was 1 course.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Did... Did the Compilation film just fix the ending which was kind of a train wreck in series? I think it did.
L11K

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Kado was a seriously awesome sci-fi and it's constant twists were an absolute joy. Only sad thing was that it was 1 course.

Yes. It being one cour was very upsetting. They could have explored more and the ending would have been better, plus a better overall anime.

Zeino wrote:
Did... Did the Compilation film just fix the ending which was kind of a train wreck in series? I think it did.

Quote:
New scenes were made for the feature film Beyond Information and the ending has been altered.

They did it'
wolf10

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
Wait, they fixed Kado: The Wrong Answer?
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Wait what, they fixed the ending? Now I might actually watch the show. I stopped after the third episode because of all the backlash the ending received. The first three episodes were excellent though.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I mean there wasn't anything wrong with the ending. That was just classic sci-fi. All the twists at the end were a joy.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:07 am Reply with quote
As a gay male who doesn't believe in the soul, I have to disagree on the original ending being a "joy," though I can't deny that some part of it was (for better or worse) classic sci-fi.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
While that is a short-time to enjoy the film, it's nice an official subbed version was made.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quote
I haven't watched this yet, but is on my CR watchlist. The movie is about 1/3 the length of the TV series, and that's a lot of content cut out. I wouldn't care at all if others didn't mention the different ending. About where in the movie timestamp wise does the change occur? I'm thinking about only watching from that point on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1