• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill la Kill Anime Gets Game from Arc System Works, APLUS

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
I hope this is on Switch.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
I'm not getting my hopes up considering the LWA game wasn't well-received.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

I'm sorry, but what? What world are you living in...?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/710470/Little_Witch_Academia_Chamber_of_Time/#app_reviews_hash

83% of the reviews are positive. Average is "very positive".

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA09390_00-GAMELWATMNH00000

105 ratings, average 5/5.

Are going basing your comment on CRITIC ratings? Critics have been unreliable garbage for over a decade, when it comes to game reviews. Their really negative reviews are generally overly harsh and their very positive reviews are generally heavily overrated.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I was wrong.
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

Normally I would agree, but ARC SYSTEM WORKS is making this! Outside of Platinum, this is the best thing a fan could ever ask for. Just go look at their work on Dragon Ball FighterZ.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

Normally I would agree, but ARC SYSTEM WORKS is making this! Outside of Platinum, this is the best thing a fan could ever ask for. Just go look at their work on Dragon Ball FighterZ.

No they're not. ArcSys is just the publisher. APLUS is making the game. Read carefully.
Ashabel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
I'm sorry, but what? What world are you living in...?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/710470/Little_Witch_Academia_Chamber_of_Time/#app_reviews_hash

83% of the reviews are positive. Average is "very positive".

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA09390_00-GAMELWATMNH00000

105 ratings, average 5/5.

Are going basing your comment on CRITIC ratings? Critics have been unreliable garbage for over a decade, when it comes to game reviews. Their really negative reviews are generally overly harsh and their very positive reviews are generally heavily overrated.

I assume that he lives in a world where one doesn't go looking for reviews in the internet analogue of a local McDonald's dumpster, which is what Steam reviews pretty much are.

I mean, really. Seriously. Come on now. Steam reviews are widely known to be about 85% shitposting, 10% memes and 5% actual reviews. And that's not even bringing into account review manipulation.

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time is barely okay. It has a really great section where you explore the academy, but that part and the game's actual combat are almost constantly at war with one another. The stage generation is very vapid, half of the characters are ill-suited for the beat'em up gameplay due to being all about projectiles, and the stat system is completely bonkers. All of Akko's moves scale with her lowest starting stat, meaning you will spend the first five or so hours mindlessly grinding just to make your protagonist stop being completely useless.

It's not a terrible game by any means, but anyone will tell you that it should only be attempted if you really like Little Witch Academy. As a standalone sample of its genre, it's basically a poor man's Dragon's Crown.
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Boys...these are Great news!
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

No they're not. ArcSys is just the publisher. APLUS is making the game. Read carefully.

APLUS does have a long history of collaboration with ArcSys, however. It looks like they develop a large chunk of ArcSys' non-fighting and non-visual novel stuff, but they have done some work with the GG and P4A franchises. I do hope that ArcSys will have more input than just as a publisher.
FtKaru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

Critics have been unreliable garbage for over a decade, when it comes to game reviews. Their really negative reviews are generally overly harsh and their very positive reviews are generally heavily overrated.

You just described user reviews in general, steam included. At least reviewers have to put 'effort' into a review rather than slapping on random memes and calling it a day because it's so funny.
DragonSpooker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Finally getting to move around and slash as Ryuko, I can't wait!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:19 pm Reply with quote
It took years for Kill la Kill to get its own game. I wish this game was more like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. We could use more hack 'n' slash games. Looking forward to see more of this game.
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
oh wow. nvr expected this anime getting a videogame.
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:26 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
It took years for Kill la Kill to get its own game. I wish this game was more like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. We could use more hack 'n' slash games. Looking forward to see more of this game.

Amen to that but god I'm hyped
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm Reply with quote
From the few images shown on their website it appears to be an arena fighter, than side scrolling action brawler. Maybe arena brawler if it turns out to be more than 1v1.

http://www.kill-la-kill-game.jp/img/img-ss1.jpg
http://www.kill-la-kill-game.jp/img/img-ss2.jpg
http://www.kill-la-kill-game.jp/img/img-ss3.jpg
http://www.kill-la-kill-game.jp/img/img-ss4.jpg
Feli1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:33 am Reply with quote
this is cool and all but why? don’t get me wrong I luv “kill la kill” easily one if not they best anime of that year but wouldn’t it makes sense to make a game for the “darling in the franxx” series? u know their latest project they only ways I could see this being a thing is if they finally realized how much of a hotmess of a series “DITF” turned out to be and this is their way of saying “sorry” lol or the one I would want to be true the most which is that the franchise might comeback with a nice bang [/u]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1