• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Streams FLCL Alternative English Dub Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I was disappointed with FLCL Progressive, this actually looks better. I couldn't bring my self to watch past the third episode of FLCL 2.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
this is gonna suck balls too.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Believe it or not I actually didn't mind the second season of FLCL. It definitely wasn't as great as the first season but I never expected it to be. It had a lot of experimental scenes in it and that kept me watching. So I'm down to see whether or not this third season will be better or worse that the second.
Yazu13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Musk wrote:
I was disappointed with FLCL Progressive, this actually looks better. I couldn't bring my self to watch past the third episode of FLCL 2.

You missed out, Progressive got much better after Episode 3.
we love lain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Yea; this sequel definitely cares a lot more about the characters! I'm counting on you Alternative...BE A GOOD SEQUEL!!! I just want you to be good; not average (flcl progressive), not underwhelming or mediocre (which some would happily label progressive as); I want you to be GOOD!!!!!!

Last edited by we love lain on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely curious about this, but I'll withhold judgments until it starts to air on Toonami. While I did watch the April Fools preview for it, I admit I don't remember much from it as I didn't pay as close to attention to it as I probably should have. Granted, I also watched it never having seen S1 at that time, so I probably didn't want to pay attention because I knew I'd know nothing in relation to its story, style, characters, etc. That, and with it being subbed and I was distracted with other things while I was watching, and the subtitles were such a bright white and small it was actually kinda hard to read them on several occasions, even when I was trying to pay attention.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
RealMTL wrote:
Believe it or not I actually didn't mind the second season of FLCL. It definitely wasn't as great as the first season but I never expected it to be. It had a lot of experimental scenes in it and that kept me watching. So I'm down to see whether or not this third season will be better or worse that the second.

Yup, I still thought it was really good and it also gave me another new fav character in Jinyu.

Looking forward to Alternative.
DreamedLint

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 am Reply with quote
This trailer really didn't inspire any confidence in the show. It honestly looks worse than Progressive. The dialogue sounds way worse. At least the characters and their relationships have a different layout than Progressive or the original. Like maybe it'll focus on the group more than just another solo coming of age story? I dunno. I recently rewatched og flcl with a friend and it's so frustrating that the powers that be demanded they squeeze a sequel from it. It's honestly exhausting. Progressive was so lame and it's permanently attached to FLCL and now we're getting even more. This was such an awful idea.
Lann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote
having already watched episode 1, there is no hope for this either. But im sure it will be better than what we just watched.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:48 am Reply with quote
So how does this fit into the story (without spoilers please)? Is this a sequel to Progressive? I've been waiting to watch Progressive until Alternative is available in its entirety.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Geez I know some of you guys didn't like Progressive but you could stand to ease off the salt before you run your blood pressure up.
DreamedLint

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:53 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Geez I know some of you guys didn't like Progressive but you could stand to ease off the salt before you run your blood pressure up.

No.
RangerDanger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
DreamedLint wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

No.

Yes.
Cabron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
RangerDanger wrote:
DreamedLint wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

No.

Yes.

*In Spanish*
No.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1