• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Manga Creator Tite Kubo Offers Comments on Live-Action Bleach Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm even more interested in how it'd look if Kubo was directly involved. Shocked I want to see both versions now. Evil or Very Mad
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:27 am Reply with quote
The last bit really makes it seem like he didn't like it. It seems like he's saying "i said I wouldn't write a comment on it if I didn't like it, but here I am writing a comment anyway. Go see it, I guess, it's, like, something."
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 am Reply with quote
InimitableUman wrote:
The last bit really makes it seem like he didn't like it. It seems like he's saying "i said I wouldn't write a comment on it if I didn't like it, but here I am writing a comment anyway. Go see it, I guess, it's, like, something."

I take it as more like him saying, “Well I said I wouldn’t comment if I didn’t like it, so by doing so that means I did like it”.
danpmss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
InimitableUman wrote:

I take it as more like him saying, “Well I said I wouldn’t comment if I didn’t like it, so by doing so that means I did like it”.

I interpreted more like a "I thought I would've hated it, but it wasn't like that". He probably found it enjoyable, but did not sang any additional praises as he would if it were to be good enough in his eyes as an adaptation. He liked the fight scenes, but didn't quite liked how some things were adapted, but the results were not bad.

I guess I'm watching to see that myself.
Enturax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
And I respect Kubo for that answer instead of being overly nice and spitting out lies, basically.
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:01 am Reply with quote
I wonder why they didn't let them be involved?
#Otaku_Wargus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I saw the movie and it's good. I thought I'd see a boring movie with bad fight choreography, but no. Of course, it's when Ichigo gets his shinigami powers, so no such fights as bankai Ichigo or hollow Ichigo.
SHD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
I wonder why they didn't let them be involved?

He says he wasn't involved because he was curious to see what parts of the story the director would use and what it would cut, and also he was way too busy with the manga's finale. I think this is pretty believable. (And often even when mangaka offer their opinions and suggestions in such a production they get ignored anyway.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1