• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax's Akanesasu Shōjo Original Anime Unveils Cast, Story Intro, Song Artists, More Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
*Sees Tomoyo Kurosawa*

This series has my full attention now. I don’t care how it may turn out, Kurosawa starring in any anime makes it a must-watch for me. I look forward to seeing this one in October and I hope that Crunchyroll can get it.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems interesting.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 am Reply with quote
sounds interesting but i'm most excited to hear more Michi and Ami Wajima. been awhile for both
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:41 am Reply with quote
So we got two announced anime starring five girls: Circlet Princess and Akanesasu Shoujo. Here is hoping that none of them are aided by or have romantic interest to someone. Good character design on both shows. Also, am I the only one who got put off by Nana's weird head in the visual?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
Meh, I was somewhat interested when they announced the staff a few days ago but it has turned out to be yet another CGDCT (because, of course, we don't have enough of those... Rolling Eyes ). What a letdown...
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:19 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Meh, I was somewhat interested when they announced the staff a few days ago but it has turned out to be yet another CGDCT (because, of course, we don't have enough of those... Rolling Eyes ). What a letdown...

I would rather have this, if this will be a true CGDCT anime, than another cheap boring fanservice harem anime. Rolling Eyes
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:

Considering freakin' Kōtarō Uchikoshi is involved, I really doubt it will be what it seems to be. Even the last line of the story introduction says:

Quote:
That ritual was considered just an urban legend. However, with several conditions coincidentally falling into place, it stops being fun and games ….
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:01 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
donhumberto wrote:

Considering freakin' Kōtarō Uchikoshi is involved, I really doubt it will be what it seems to be. Even the last line of the story introduction says:

Quote:
That ritual was considered just an urban legend. However, with several conditions coincidentally falling into place, it stops being fun and games ….

That's kinda my point, actually. Having Uchikoshi involved (and also some of my favorite character designers) had me thinking that this had a lot of potential, but seeing 5 cute girls pretty much kills any kind of hope I have... I dunno, I really hope I'm wrong but I bet it'll probably get somewhat dark along the way but our heronies will manage to get everything back to normal through the power of friendship and parfaits (or curry, or oishii cakes.... well, you know the drill Twisted Evil
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
donhumberto wrote:

Quote:

That's kinda my point, actually. Having Uchikoshi involved (and also some of my favorite character designers) had me thinking that this had a lot of potential, but seeing 5 cute girls pretty much kills any kind of hope I have... I dunno, I really hope I'm wrong but I bet it'll probably get somewhat dark along the way but our heronies will manage to get everything back to normal through the power of friendship and parfaits (or curry, or oishii cakes.... well, you know the drill Twisted Evil

Don't worry. The whole point of Kotaro Uchikoshi Products (And his friend Kazutaka Kodaka as well) is all about subverting expectations and going far beyond the initial premise.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
donhumberto wrote:

I would rather have this, if this will be a true CGDCT anime, than another cheap boring fanservice harem anime. Rolling Eyes

I do not see why does that have to do with anything when that genre was never mentioned in the article and it doesn’t fully address the poster you quoted’s content. Your habit of this is getting a bit much when there are plenty more CGDCT than harems out there. There’s nothing wrong with catering to other audiences and just because you’re not within a certain audience, it doesn’t inherently make the series any more worse than you ones you do enjoy.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Calling it now that this will be a "dark" type magical girl show like Yuki Yuna.

Every time they show a bunch of cute girls & voice actors but are really vague about the plot I'm just suspicious every time now (plus I mean, the main girl's battle outfit is right in the promo art).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1