• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bloom Into You Yuri Manga Gets Side Story Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:43 am Reply with quote
I really hope that the novel gets an English translation; it’s not that likely, but I can hope, right?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am Reply with quote
Sayaka must be a fan-favorite to get a spinoff like this. I didn't realize the author guy doing this also did Adachi to Shimamura AND Denpa Onna.

MischievousMelody wrote:
I really hope that the novel gets an English translation; it’s not that likely, but I can hope, right?

I wouldn't count that out yet; Seven Seas has been making great strides with their light novels so I can definitely see them picking it up. And besides, there's notably a huge lack of yuri light novels.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is about her middle school years and her relationship with her sempai back then? In any case, I hope Seven Seas, or someone, picks it up.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
I wouldn't count that out yet; Seven Seas has been making great strides with their light novels so I can definitely see them picking it up. And besides, there's notably a huge lack of yuri light novels.

It feels like it's quite rare that we see the kind of media mix spin-off works picked up for US release (as opposed to original source novels), unless it's a hugely popular franchise like Tokyo Ghoul or Ancient Magus Bride. I would really want to see more things like this, though. Might help to show there's some interest in this by requesting in Seven Seas' monthly surveys.
zensunni wrote:
I wonder if this is about her middle school years and her relationship with her sempai back then?

That was the first thing I thought too. There is a synoposis here, but can't really make out if there are any specifics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1