• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Zombie Land Saga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:03 am Reply with quote
Good to see the animal mascot is named appropriately.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:10 am Reply with quote
Overcomes age and gender? There are two young men and a bunch of pretty girls. Old people? Alternate genders? I don't see any overcoming here. Roujin Z is more overcoming than this. Tokyo Godfathers is more overcoming than this. Summer Wars is more overcoming than this. People should avoid making announcements when said announcements are blatant pandering.
Robiii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:46 am Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
Overcomes age and gender? There are two young men and a bunch of pretty girls. Old people? Alternate genders? I don't see any overcoming here. Roujin Z is more overcoming than this. Tokyo Godfathers is more overcoming than this. Summer Wars is more overcoming than this. People should avoid making announcements when said announcements are blatant pandering.
Lmao somebody needs to take a chill pill.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:56 am Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
Too whom?
BlueOla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:

Um, just a wild idea but... Maybe wait until the anime actually AIRS to see if it does what it promises to do? The trailer never reveals the full extent of the anime, in fact, it would be a pretty bad trailer if it did. Cynicism isn't good for you if it forces you to make judgement on a show that isn't even out yet and that we really know nothing about.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote
A group of young women and their pet zombie dog Romero trying to survive a zombie apocalypse sounds like the premise for a great show. Granted it is a little similar to School Live but it looks like it will have a lot more action. Also that trailer has some good music to it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
Even though we did have zombie movies prior to "Night of the Living Dead", I believe that movie is what really standardized the zombie apocalypse genre (though I have not seen the movie yet). The fact that they did name a character in honor of George Romero was nice. It's a case of "Kohai noticed us".

The classic film is public domain because they forgot to put the then-required copyright notice on it (either saying "copyrighted [year]" or the copyright circle). While Romero and his crew likely didn't see any royalties, I think they did with the sequels.

For the "ages and gender" bit, here is my take: we do have mostly teens, but we also have an adult cop. idol-themed. Also, harem series usu. have 1 main male character (HoTD is an exception to that for a series that is either a harem or has a harem-like setting). Here, we have more than 1.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
Well, the main cast will be the 'usual suspects' for anime characters, young.

But it will be the zombie cast that we show the true diverse nature of the show Everyone who is not young and beautiful will be seen as murderous, ravaging, cannibalistic, undead zombie fiends. With a cast of hundreds, our evil zombie fiends will showcase the complete diverse nature of the world. No one will be left out or excluded.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
A Crunchyroll tweet from 9/24/2018@11:31 AM mentions the show has a 96% approval rating and they still don't know what it its. A Fun 9/24/2018@1:58PM reply indicated the same thing applies to Funi. Going with what @RealAndrew_Lam said to that Funi tweet, I think this is hinting at that Funi will have this zombie show as a simuldub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1