• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Licenses Beyblade, Shin Tetsujin 28 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CornBreadMan264

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Beyblade.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Hooray, more Tetsujin 28! I really liked the 2004 series, but I totally forgot a movie existed and I've never seen it!

Ah, yes, Beyblade, I 'member that! I mostly remember it for being ridiculous and over the top, which, given its genre and demographic, sounds about right!
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Would have liked to have the subtitles in Beyblade discs. :/ It should be illegal not to include them.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Would have liked to have the subtitles in Beyblade discs. :/ It should be illegal not to include them.

Do you mean for the hearing impaired or a subtitled Japanese version? The latter wouldn't work. The dub and sub don't match. Nelvana likely produced captions (possibly even described video) at some point. Bug Discotek to see if they'll dig it up?
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:31 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:

Do you mean for the hearing impaired or a subtitled Japanese version? The latter wouldn't work. The dub and sub don't match. Nelvana likely produced captions (possibly even described video) at some point. Bug Discotek to see if they'll dig it up?

Yeah she means caption. She's deaf. I am hard of hearing and would like to have them include it too. I posted on their facebook about it, but no reply at all. I even emailed them about previous releases and nothing.

A handful of people can only do so much to bug them...
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:43 am Reply with quote
Yesssss.

I cant wait for beyblade. My tyson x mai

And the ost!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I see some Tetsujin goodness is coming our way. Always been curious about it.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Even on Blu-ray, I don't think I can justify double-dipping for dub-only Beyblade; I got the Cinedigm release. Fingers crossed Discotek will get the second and third seasons, which have never had full home-video releases.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Ah, yes, there was a Tetsujin 28 movie that was done in the style of the 2004 series. From what I understand, while it is also created by Imagawa, it's not really a sequel of the series, but some kind of alternate retelling, like the Escaflowne movie compared to the original Escaflowne TV series.

It's too bad it was never dubbed into English. I mean, I can take or leave the Ocean dub of the TV show, but at least it would have been something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
hanko14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
why did beyblade v force and g revolution animation change from season 1? season 1 had the best animation and art too.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am Reply with quote
Shin Tetsujin was my first Mecha anime back in the mid 90s on TV. I'm surprised that they pick up Beyblade because I didn't think anyone really carried about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1