• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Stream The Promised Neverland Anime on Crunchyroll, Hulu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nAnoMarV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Great!
Amazon's subers barly know japanese.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 am Reply with quote
The big question is: Does this mean that Amazon's noitaminA contract finally expired (or were Aniplex titles actually an exception all along [as they were when Funimation had a contract], and Amazon just snatched up the second Saekano series the hard way)?
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
The big question is: Does this mean that Amazon's noitaminA contract finally expired (or were Aniplex titles actually an exception all along [as they were when Funimation had a contract], and Amazon just snatched up the second Saekano series the hard way)?

It's possible that the original noitaminA contract already expired by Fall 2018, and that the contract was renewed, however only for Japan streaming. If it was Aniplex's prerogative to stream Neverland outside of Amazon, then it doesn't make sense for Aniplex to forego Saekano S2 to Amazon. Do note that due to the noitaminA contract, Saekano S2 wasn't simulcasted by Aniplus Asia (when they simulcasted S1).
paulchaested

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:43 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

I've been suspecting it ever since Wakanim got the rights in France. If it truly is the case, I couldn't be happier. Amazon has held Noitamina hostage for far too long.
hsbeta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
"The Promised Neverland" (noitaminA) and "Domestic Girlfriend" (animeism) are not on Amazon in Germany.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Well, Hulu streaming is a big plus. However, I’m a little disappointed that the chances of me being able to get this on Bluray have decreased significantly. I actually understand Aniplex’s pricing model, but it’s really hard for me to justify buying their releases currently.
EiMs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
Even if NoitaminA and Animeism contracts have expired and they just renew it for Japan only it would be strange move from Amazon side just drop anime entirely when their main competitor Netflix is getting even more exclusive anime. But who knows maybe they can't see profit from world-wide anime distribution.
1dbad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Neverland's a special shonen for me. It's the first time I got into a shonen in manga form first, and it even convinced me to subscribe to Jump. So I'm especially excited for this adaptation. And that trailer was great. Pleased with the looks and sounds of everything so far!

I'm also pleased that it's not a Prime exclusive. Crunchyroll in particular should help ensure this gets as wide of an audience as possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1