• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Made in Abyss: Fukaki Tamashii no Reimei Anime Film Revealed with Teaser Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing the manga in English.

I really hope they're able to continue releasing this uncensored, considering (HEAVY SPOILERS, referring to latest chapters); spoiler['baby soup', and the reason the narehate village was named such ("Iruburu" (Ilblu) may also mean 'mother' or 'cradle'...)].

There's at least three layers left so one has to wonder how far into Hell can we still descend? Well, we asked that same question a year ago, and considering how the story has gone so far, I'm beginning to think the author has an infinite supply of horror to draw from... Confused
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:21 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Quote:
Seven Seas Entertainment is releasing the manga in English.

I really hope they're able to continue releasing this uncensored, considering (HEAVY SPOILERS, referring to latest chapters); spoiler['baby soup', and the reason the narehate village was named such ("Iruburu" (Ilblu) may also mean 'mother' or 'cradle'...)].

There's at least three layers left so one has to wonder how far into Hell can we still descend? Well, we asked that same question a year ago, and considering how the story has gone so far, I'm beginning to think the author has an infinite supply of horror to draw from... Confused

Folks,especially any reviewer from this site,really need to read the manga. Made in Abyss is not family nor work friendly.
A body horror story,which Made in Abyss is,being called called a children's coming of age fantasy......
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first season, so I was hoping for a full season 2, but looking forward to the movie!
merru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm Reply with quote
The manga material aren't enough to be made into season2, I assume that's why they just make it into a movie instead. Still cool tho.
Ashabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:34 am Reply with quote
merru wrote:
The manga material aren't enough to be made into season2, I assume that's why they just make it into a movie instead. Still cool tho.

It's much more likely that they're doing this because at the point the TV-series ends, the brutality of the source material escalates to a degree where no station would be willing to host it earlier than at 2-3AM.

Judging by the poster, this is going to adapt chapters 26 to 38, which contain copious body horror, easily the most violent fight in the series so far, as well as some themes that would make plenty of station executives squirm.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:38 pm Reply with quote
My biggest frustration with the rest of Made in Abyss being made into a film series instead of a full season is you never know how long it takes anime movies to get released on Blu Ray in the US. I also worry that being a film series rather than a simulcast might hurt the show's popularity with casual anime fans that might not feel as inclined to pick up the Blu Rays to see the continuation and only the hardcore fans will keep up with the film format. Also how likely is it that HiDive will stream the movies?
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:21 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
My biggest frustration with the rest of Made in Abyss being made into a film series instead of a full season is you never know how long it takes anime movies to get released on Blu Ray in the US. I also worry that being a film series rather than a simulcast might hurt the show's popularity with casual anime fans that might not feel as inclined to pick up the Blu Rays to see the continuation and only the hardcore fans will keep up with the film format. Also how likely is it that HiDive will stream the movies?

HIDIVE streams nearly all of of Sentai’s movies and OVA’s, so it should be be extremely likely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1