• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid Game to Launch on PS4, Switch, Xbox One, PC in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I am totally excited for this! Very Happy
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I remember playing Power Rangers for the Game Gear as a kid a lot but I always wanted the SNES versions of the games but never got them. I'm excited to check out a new Power Rangers game for the Switch.
Aresef

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Legacy Wars is really great, and however different this game plays, I'm glad it's still nWay making it.
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
When a freaking Power Rangers has cross platform play you know the industry is shifting massively.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:29 pm Reply with quote
This could go either way. Licensed fighting games can be really good with the right folks behind them (Dragon Ball FighterZ, Persona Arena, that Cross Tag game what has the RWBY characters).

As a long-time Power Rangers fan, seeing the Green Ranger throw a hadouken is kinda silly, but eh, Power Rangers being silly is the least of my concerns. Provided they can get a good system down (and, having that, get a good selection of Rangers), this could be pretty sweet!

... Here's hoping Ivan Ooze isn't broken as all heck!
Musk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Who remembers Power Rangers Fighting Edition for the SNES? This is what the game reminds me of except you get to use the rangers this time instead of the Zords.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why America keeps milking Zyuranger. Aren't any of the other series popular there?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:32 pm Reply with quote
FinalVentCard wrote:
This could go either way. Licensed fighting games can be really good with the right folks behind them (Dragon Ball FighterZ, Persona Arena, that Cross Tag game what has the RWBY characters).

It was confirmed that FGC competitor Justin Wong is working on it's balance and one of the nWay developers when asked, compared it to Marvel vs Capcom & Dragon Ball FighterZ so this game may be targeted for that crowd.

Makes me wonder if they plan to work with Capcom again like they did with the Legacy Wars/Street Fighter crossover stuff.

EDIT: Update from Jason Bischoff from Hasbro (formerly from Saban): https://twitter.com/shadowpiper/status/1086758341936742401
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
gloverrandal wrote:
I don't understand why America keeps milking Zyuranger. Aren't any of the other series popular there?
It's the original season that started the entire American franchise and the one that most Power Rangers fans who are adults now and have spending money grew up with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1