• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Joshi Kausei TV Anime About High School Girls Reveals Cast, Staff, April Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catbot158

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so does the anime have dialogue, then? If not, why do the characters have voice actresses? Maybe they grunt like Link in LOZ...
K.o.R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:01 am Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
Wait, so does the anime have dialogue, then? If not, why do the characters have voice actresses? Maybe they grunt like Link in LOZ...

Yes, you do still need someone to do foley. See Monica Rial's character in Grrl Power, who was a deaf-mute.

I hope it is going to be a no-dialogue show, as it has been quite a nice change of pace when reading the manga.
scrwbll19

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the whole casting thing threw me for a loop, too. Also, the way they are drawn feels really off, especially Momo. Her hair and face just fell wrong. Somehow, her hair color looks bizarre.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 am Reply with quote
Will this be a short anime? The "no dialogue" idea seems like a cool gimmick for a short anime but pretty bad for a full length episodes.

EDIT: Yeah with studio seven, shorts seem likely.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Samiamiam wrote:
Will this be a short anime? The "no dialogue" idea seems like a cool gimmick for a short anime but pretty bad for a full length episodes.

EDIT: Yeah with studio seven, shorts seem likely.

Each manga chapter is essentially a short sequence (9 pages-ish) revolving around a single gag. So it's either a short or an anthology. (For my money, the former is the better way to go. An anthology could get tedious.)

As far as the need for VA's go... The girls do whistle, grunt, etc... etc... There's no dialog, but there are sounds.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to see if they do this without dialog like the manga and how the voice actors figure in if that's the case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1