• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MAGES., bilibili Collaborate on Journal of the Mysterious Creatures Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
Reminds me a bit of Monster Musume, with that synopsis. I wasn't really into that one, but may still check this series out.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:46 am Reply with quote
TsukiAni 2 director and studio!

It looks like this director did some episodes of Princess Tutu, and the second opening for the original (2008) Black Butler anime (the second cut of Monochrome Kiss). Those are some good things~

Demi-humans... eeeeeee I know one has nothing to do with the other, but let me just let this add to my hopes that TsukiAni 2 will feature at least a little of the yokai AU... I wanna see those fox tails animated...
juusee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
For the romanisation of the anime's Chief Director and the original web novel's author's name:

深蓝人 is Shen Lan Ren which translates to Dark Blue Person

遠瞳 is Yuan Tong

There are a lot of homophones in Chinese, but if you insert the characters into Google translate you would usually get the correct romanisation under the characters.
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
Well, another anime that is now blocked outside Japan and China. Thanks for nothing, bilibili.
nDroae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Based on the headline alone, what came to mind was Jikken-hin Kazoku: Creatures Family Days ( anime#20199 ) which was also based on Chinese source material and aired on bilibili. It wasn't simulcasted in the west, but eventually made its way to Crunchyroll. I guess bilibili was not on the production committee of that one? I don't see them listed among producers on MAL, but that info is not always complete.

I'll watch anything with monster girls... but maybe better wait to make sure this gets fully subbed before picking it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1