• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Current GeGeGe no Kitarō Anime Enters '2nd Year' in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:30 am Reply with quote
Guess DB Super isn't coming back for at least another year unless they go a different time slot.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:42 am Reply with quote
^The last 3 Kitaro series ran for more than 100 episodes and this one is doing great as well. I wouldn't expect DB Super back any time soon not that I'm really hoping for it though.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:44 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Guess DB Super isn't coming back for at least another year unless they go a different time slot.

Who cares? Kitaro is good itself
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Too bad the new guy isn't chasing after Mana. Then the two of them could double-date with Kitarou and Neko-Musume.

Hope Agnes makes a reappearance in the weeks ahead. She and Mana were especially cute together.
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:41 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:

I imagine Dragon Ball will have to come back eventually (especially since the manga has started a new post-Broly arc), as for “when” though that’s anyone’s guess at this point. The monthly manga really struggled to keep up with the weekly anime, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it took a little while for DB to come back as an anime so the manga can get a head start. (I also wonder, when the anime comes back, will we get a Broly arc like we did for Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’?)
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 am Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
(I also wonder, when the anime comes back, will we get a Broly arc like we did for Battle of Gods and Resurrection ‘F’?)

If they do here's hoping they saved Toriyama's original script since there was said to be 3 hours of material that was dropped for the movie.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
Great news, to be honest. I'm really enjoying this generation so far! Hopefully we will see Agnes again. Can't think of another future Kitarou series without Mana, since I grew fond of her. When it comes to Ratman, however, I come to loathe that dickface more than in the older versions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1