• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Director Yutaka Yamamoto Files For Bankruptcy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalcoola

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 am Reply with quote
And what he want us to do? Gave donations? Maybe if he wasnt acting like piece of shit and primadonna most of time and stop insulting people...
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:35 am Reply with quote
Karma's a Bitch, ain't it, Yamamoto.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:05 am Reply with quote
metalcoola wrote:
And what he want us to do? Gave donations?

Where are you getting the idea that he wants you to do anything about it? Of course he's a dick, but this is a nonsequitor.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 am Reply with quote
metalcoola wrote:
And what he want us to do? Gave donations? Maybe if he wasnt acting like piece of shit and primadonna most of time and stop insulting people...

Considering he didn't ask for anything, I would imagine the only thing he wants is a little sympathy. I don't like the guy, but bankruptcy sucks, and he's doing the right thing by all accounts, in regards to handling it and not getting it mixed up with his other business ventures.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
I just hope this will not affect Sanziegen and Trigger as they were parts of the USP owners.
MCAL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I feel rather bad for him. I know a lot of people on other SNS are happy he's getting this but I am not. A lot of people get bankruptcy. Even good people. But I'm more feeling bad because I last read he was suicidal..... I don't care if he was a bad person or not. I just hope he doesn't do anything to hurt himself and learn not to hurt others anymore.

I know I am naive but I do think it is good in everyone. Just bigger than others sometimes. I truly do hope that he thinks for a long time while going through these troubles to make it better.
metalcoola

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:19 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
But I'm more feeling bad because I last read he was suicidal..... I don't care if he was a bad person or not. I just hope he doesn't do anything to hurt himself and learn not to hurt others anymore.

I wouldnt be surprised if he did it just to gain pity/more money, there are people like that sadly Sad
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I see a thread with responses of people cheering that he's going bankrupt and saying his saying he was depressed was just a money scheme.

I'm reminded of a saying about not arguing with fools because at a distance it's hard to tell who is who. It's tough to tell who the real depraved scumbags are in this situation.

At the least, I hope he did something real and the hatred isn't like "he doesn't like a manga that I like".
bhl88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Is this the same guy who said "My Fractale will save anime"?

Director Yamakan's Twitter Accounts Suspended for 'Abusive, Threatening, Discriminatory' Behavior

Probably a bunch of stuff he has done back then.
gloverrandal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:31 pm Reply with quote
bhl88 wrote:
Is this the same guy who said "My Fractale will save anime"?

Director Yamakan's Twitter Accounts Suspended for 'Abusive, Threatening, Discriminatory' Behavior

Probably a bunch of stuff he has done back then.

Yes. Yamakan is a controversial individual int he anime industry. I can not say I am surprised at this news. He would constantly blame anime fans for not liking the correct shows and in his eyes destroying the industry by only liking garbage series. He was purposely counterculture and went against the standards. He did not like the industry, and the industry did not like him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1