• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth 3DS Game's English Trailer Previews Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:48 am Reply with quote
They weren't translating this, so what, characters are just going to speak in Japanese during battles with no subtitles?
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:30 am Reply with quote
It wouldn't be the first time. I can't remember the game that did this that I'm thinking of, but it was Japanese audio only and the random dialogue in combat and such wasn't translated at all. It was really frustrating to not get that extra bit of character interaction. But who knows.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:52 am Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
They weren't translating this, so what, characters are just going to speak in Japanese during battles with no subtitles?

How they did the EO: Nexus english release.

Japanese voices in battle and english text story plot.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Really? I was about to reference how they've been fully voicing the Etrian games, but they didn't do Nexus? That's a bummer. I know everything is basically going to the Switch in time, but it'd be nice to show these last installments a bit of respect.
ChemicalCris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Twilightmaster wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time. I can't remember the game that did this that I'm thinking of, but it was Japanese audio only and the random dialogue in combat and such wasn't translated at all. It was really frustrating to not get that extra bit of character interaction. But who knows.

Was it that MHA game?
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Firefly251 wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Really? I was about to reference how they've been fully voicing the Etrian games, but they didn't do Nexus? That's a bummer. I know everything is basically going to the Switch in time, but it'd be nice to show these last installments a bit of respect.

Yeah Nexus was not dubbed. so you have Japanese vocies but english everything else.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Twilightmaster wrote:

It's the same thing with fighting games that don't get dubbed. This was one of the reasons so many people complained over ArcSys not having BlazBlue: Central Fiction dubbed because, in addition to that being the finale of a series of games that got dubbed since Calamity Trigger, those games always had spoken dialogue during matches and was never subbed for either language so basically without the dub here, it's hard to understand what they said without subs and It's still a bummer that they didn't bother for that game even with the most recent Switch port that's out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1