• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, April 1-7 [2019-04-09]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am Reply with quote
Hell ye! mysteria fiends is top of the chart!
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:47 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:

*whispers* It came with a mobile game item code for Granblue Fantasy. *slips away into the night*
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:06 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
zunderdog24 wrote:

*whispers* It came with a mobile game item code for Granblue Fantasy. *slips away into the night*

Haha, thanks for that! I was just looking at these number thinking why in holy hell Mysteria Friends sold so much.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
Just like I expected seeing Kemurikusa entering last week ranking with only 3 days, this week it sold even more!

10500 for the volume 1 alone, for a small semi-independent production.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:16 am Reply with quote
Boy that Mob II number is so depressing Sad
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:19 am Reply with quote
Good to know that the rubbish version of Bahamut had a reason to suddenly be successful where S01 of Rage failed in sales. Not that S02 is worth it either... It must be a hell of an item to pay half the price of a new console game or more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlueOla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:16 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Good to know that the rubbish version of Bahamut had a reason to suddenly be successful where S01 of Rage failed in sales.

The only thing Manaria had in common with Bahamut was the setting - to act like like Manaria was any sort of "version" of Bahamut is disingenuous when it was very clearly just a fluffy gay spin-off.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:47 am Reply with quote
Kemurikusa is doing quite well on second week too. Actually, too well, since when do sales of second week reach near the first week's, at least when it comes to anime discs?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I guess cute dragon girls is a seller. But I wonder if the story is any good. I do want to see it.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I guess cute dragon girls is a seller. But I wonder if the story is any good. I do want to see it.

I'm writing a review on it that will probably go up once the Preview Guide is done. It's gotten mixed reception and probably isn't appreciated by all audiences, but I personally give it a strong thumbs-up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Blanchimont wrote:
Kemurikusa is doing quite well on second week too. Actually, too well, since when do sales of second week reach near the first week's, at least when it comes to anime discs?

Pretty much this.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
I think it was since the Girls und Panzer series, which had the massive understock. So yeah - most likely it was supposed to be more than 10k at the beginning, but the publisher didn't print enough volumes at start.

We have a real winner here.
Zoelius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Good to know that the rubbish version of Bahamut had a reason to suddenly be successful where S01 of Rage failed in sales. Not that S02 is worth it either... It must be a hell of an item to pay half the price of a new console game or more.

As an avid player of the mobile game, buying these discs is actually the best deal of obtaining the rare item code it comes with.

For example, buying the 1st Volume will give you a Damascus Bar, which is an extremely rare item in Granblue that lets you uncap a Weapon Level Cap. This item is extremely rare and the only way to obtain it is to either Whale heavily or wait for event giveaways.

Buying the second volume will give you a Sunlight Stone, which will let you uncap Summon's level cap. These items are actually unobtainable, and only given from events and Guild War participation.

Then if you buy both volumes, they will give a Gold Bar, which is an item that you uncap any weapon in the game and also a material used to unlock the strongest playable characters in-game. They are just as rare as Damascus Bars, but do drop from the hardest boss in the game with a 0.035% drop rate.

The reason why some of the players found this to be a good deal is due to the extreme rarity, and in order to get the same reward from a previous Cygame produced anime like the Granblue Fantasy Anime, it requires you to purchase all 7 volumes to get the rewards I listed above, which makes whale players sought after these disc as they are a cheaper alternative than buying all 7 volumes of Granblue Fantasy or the 4 Volumes of Rage of Bahamut.
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:44 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Anime for general audience will never win against anime for otaku!
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprising that Mob II sold poorly. Was considered a step down from S1 in Japan, after all. Kinda surprised people in the West seem to like it more than S1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2