• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm Reply with quote
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
Author: Satoru Yamaguchi, Illustrator: Nami Hidaka

I have read volume one and volume two. Volume two came out recently.

After dying in the real world, girl comes back to life in a fantasy world that is based on her favorite Otome romance game, as the villain of the piece. Desperately tries to avoid all the "Bad Ends" her character has waiting for her.

I liked it, but I really don't know why. Not action driven, more of a character piece. Has a bad habit of telling the same story from different character perspectives.

All of the characters change and grow, except the main protagonist. Perhaps that was the point.

Cute, I guess is the best word to describe the series. Hopefully there will be a volume three.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:10 pm Reply with quote
There is going to be a volume three, pre-order link already on Amazon.
#teasomer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 am Reply with quote
Some new novel for me. I will read it of course. Lately I was busy with preparatin for MBA admission and writing some essays in college. My major is IT technology. I want to be a game developer in the future. I write essay about computer game. I think I will apply for help to here
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:45 am Reply with quote
There is a manga of the light novel in Japan, so who knows, the manga could be picked up after awhile.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Volume 3 of the LN is out now. I found it to be another enjoyable romp through the life of our clueless heroine. Or rather clueless protagonist.

Though at the end, spoiler[she is not so clueless anymore].

Some might not like Katarina, because they may feel she is not a real girl. Through the conceit of the Light Novel though, I believe she is the way she is as a survival strategy in this post OTOME world, where all her character arcs end in death or worse. There is a reason the subtitle says, "All Routes Lead to Doom!".

Despite the ending of this volume, I still want to see Katarina use that puppet snake weapon she crafted. spoiler[While Prince Jeord has finally gotten what he has wanted, he still has a long road ahead of him.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1