• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animal Crossing: New Horizons Game for Switch Delayed to March 20, 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am Reply with quote
This new animal crossing sure is really good, but i wish if this game was more about School environment, not just camping and tenting.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 am Reply with quote
Kinda sucks that it got delayed until 2020, but I'm totally fine with it if it means we're going to get the best product we can get. I'm liking what I see so far, though! Looks like it's combining elements from the main games, Happy Home Designer, and Pocket Camp for a "best of all worlds" scenario, and appears that we can build up from basically having a small tent to what could even be a town or city? That would be super awesome! Also looks like we're getting a good amount of customization elements for our characters too. I'm really excited for this to come out!

And, another bonus with it coming out in 2020, it gives me more than enough time to play and beat Pokemon Sword/Shield. So it's coming out to be a win-win in my book either way. <3
lys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
This new animal crossing sure is really good, but i wish if this game was more about School environment, not just camping and tenting.

Hm, why school? That doesn't strike me as an element that's ever been much a part of Animal Crossing games (other than furniture items and clothes that let you set up your own "classroom" if desired).

The progression from tents to houses and a town all in one game feels really expansive! I'm excited :)
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how this affects the rest of the timeline of Nintendo games for 2020. Presumably, Animal Crossing will be the first big one, and it'll be in March. What will fill out the rest of the year? I think it's too early for Zelda BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4, so I'm guessing some combination of a 2.5D Metroid 5 by Mercury Steam, Mario Odyssey 2, and/or Pikmin 4. I think at least one of those will have to come out to anchor the year.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:10 am Reply with quote
LightningCount wrote:
I wonder how this affects the rest of the timeline of Nintendo games for 2020. Presumably, Animal Crossing will be the first big one, and it'll be in March. What will fill out the rest of the year? I think it's too early for Zelda BotW 2 and Metroid Prime 4, so I'm guessing some combination of a 2.5D Metroid 5 by Mercury Steam, Mario Odyssey 2, and/or Pikmin 4. I think at least one of those will have to come out to anchor the year.

If we add third party games, No More Heroes 3 is slated for 2020, and hopefully Bayonetta 3 will be out that year as well. Shin Megami Tensei 5 might come out next year as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1