• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: P.A. Works Releases Video of Aspiring Animator's Daily Life in Training School

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Being an Animator in P.A works sounds horrible if all you get is mCdonalds tier salary with zero health benefits. Seriously, they better enroll in Sunrise.
JC_Denton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm Reply with quote
^do some people still take that misinformation serious?
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
JC_Denton wrote:

he's not wrong, you get more money doing part time jobs in Japan. You get 200 yen each page you do if you are an in-betweener, You do an average 40 minute a page (Guy in video did it in an hour, because he's a newbie).
"Just be a key animator bro!" It's not that easy, you need to work for a year or two to get that position. In-comparison, most part time jobs in Japan gives you around 700-900 yen an hour. I got my 200 yen a page source from an old article I forgot couple of years ago.
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:48 am Reply with quote
JC_Denton wrote:

mcdonald's tier level of salary maybe an exaggeration (or does it?) for P.A but Sunrise's animator benefits package(health, transportation, and apartment allowance) is a real thing. Seriously, other studio should do the same instead of just recruitment and training.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1