• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Manga Adaptation Changes Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AP24

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:56 am Reply with quote
It's "Haruhime arc", not "Aohime". Also, the news is misinterpreted. The manga is not restarting the Haruhime arc but is restarting by skipping to the Haruhime arc. Last chapter published was covering the novel's 6th volume.
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:36 am Reply with quote
Guessing the old artist got sacked then?
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:47 am Reply with quote
Won't that be kind of weird to just jump forward into a new Arc? Though from what I can tell the anime and manga are in the same spot.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
The manga certainly stopped before the events of vol 6 were finished but I never knew why. I always thought it just went on hiatus so for it to come back with a different artist and skip over the remainder of the war game and jump into Haruhime's arc is certainly a surprise.
ETX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Guess I'll stop buying the manga then.

The new artist is one thing, but skipping arcs is something I'd expect from the anime, not the manga.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:13 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Guess I'll stop buying the manga then.

The new artist is one thing, but skipping arcs is something I'd expect from the anime, not the manga.

To be fair the anime has already passed the manga so youre not actually missing out on anything
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:28 am Reply with quote
AP24 wrote:
It's "Haruhime arc", not "Aohime". Also, the news is misinterpreted. The manga is not restarting the Haruhime arc but is restarting by skipping to the Haruhime arc. Last chapter published was covering the novel's 6th volume.

Thanks for your comment. I checked again with the magazine issue and you are correct. I've updated the article.
partially

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:06 am Reply with quote
Dracospirit121 wrote:
Guessing the old artist got sacked then?

Not really. In this type of situation, they will be contracted to work, since they are producing the work for someone else. There is any number of reasons that they stop. It may just be they were bored and tired of the material and wanted to do something else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1