• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sonic the Hedgehog Hangs Out on Cartoon Network's OK K.O.!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebronstein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:02 pm Reply with quote
A well done "crossover" episode. But I still wish they'd gotten Jaleel White for the voice. I'm also hoping that their ratings go up enough for them to continue past season 3.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
It's not my kind of show, but I appreciate what he does. Especially giving us closer to RPG World.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:52 am Reply with quote
I gotta admit,I liked this one as well. It looked like a really fun episode. They had some stuff from the old cartoon like the "Sonic Says" thing. Like what ebronstein said,I also wish they were able to get Jaleel White for this one. He would have been good in it. I guess he must have been busy or something. Overall,this episode of "O.K. K.O.!" was pretty good. I liked this a lot and hope they do more of them in the future.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:50 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
It's not my kind of show, but I appreciate what he does. Especially giving us closer to RPG World.

There was actually an episode in season 1 (A Hero's Fate) that was a crossover with RPG World and served as the conclusion to the comic.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote
ebronstein wrote:
A well done "crossover" episode. But I still wish they'd gotten Jaleel White for the voice. I'm also hoping that their ratings go up enough for them to continue past season 3.

Considering they worked with Sega and Sonic Team, using Roger Craig Smith and Colleen Villard may have been one of the conditions they had to work with. But it didn't stop them from referencing the old cartoons and OVA's like crazy. I heard takes on AoStH battle music, Sonic lounged like in the OVA and, of course, the Sonic Says at the end, among other things.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Dessa wrote:

There was actually an episode in season 1 (A Hero's Fate) that was a crossover with RPG World and served as the conclusion to the comic.

That's what I was referring to.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:25 am Reply with quote
I love Sonic.

as a child born in '89 my childhood weekends were full of it.

Sonic saturday mornign cartoon was my fav.

sonic underground was really fun to watch (yay for music bit every episode)

and while I enjoyed Sonic X.....sonic boom style made em start to not like it anymore. (let alone sonic's old VA doesnt do him anymore DSmile

Good to see the older style of him Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1