• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Former NGT48 Idol Maho Yamaguchi's Talent Agency Takes Alleged Assailants to Court for Dam

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Former NGT48 Idol Maho Yamaguchi's Talent Agency Takes Alleged Assailants to Court for Damages

The article title is confusing, because AKS is not her agency anymore. How about "Former NGT48 Idol Maho Yamaguchi's Ex-Talent Agency Takes Alleged Assailants to Court for Damages" xD?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Idol culture is totally ****ed up.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
This is the same management that dropped charges against these guys for assault, but now that they've buried this poor girl's career for having the audacity to go public with it, they'll sue them for damages like she was their vandalized property. AKB keeps finding new ways to increase my disgust for them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:26 pm Reply with quote
How about taking the 2 idols who gave the assailants Maho's address in the first place to the police or suing them as well. We still have 2 unidentified idols (if they're even idols anymore, they might have been kicked out) that may pull a stunt like this again, the talent agency aren't dealing with the roots of the problem.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Pado wrote:
Quote:
Former NGT48 Idol Maho Yamaguchi's Talent Agency Takes Alleged Assailants to Court for Damages

The article title is confusing, because AKS is not her agency anymore. How about "Former NGT48 Idol Maho Yamaguchi's Ex-Talent Agency Takes Alleged Assailants to Court for Damages" xD?

"Former Ex-Talent Agency" is redundant, its fine the way it is.
Ming Yi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:06 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
This is the same management that dropped charges against these guys for assault, but now that they've buried this poor girl's career for having the audacity to go public with it, they'll sue them for damages like she was their vandalized property. AKB keeps finding new ways to increase my disgust for them.

Maho Yamaguchi is actually thriving right now. Akimoto helped her find a new agency and she's now signed to Ken-On, which is a big acting agency.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like standard issue stalkers. Since they are unemployed they have too much time on their hands. So instead looking for work, the are going in debt to attend Idol sessions, so they can pretend they are in an actual relationship.

"only wanted to talk to Yamaguchi, and didn't think it would be a big deal."

Yeah, hunting for a women's home and accosting her there without permission, is what evil stalkers do. She didn't answer them, so they hunted her down, to make her understand that she is required to cater to their personal orders.

They should be in jail, and then sued.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Ming Yi wrote:

Maho Yamaguchi is actually thriving right now. Akimoto helped her find a new agency and she's now signed to Ken-On, which is a big acting agency.

Great, let me know when that agency actually finds her work. There shouldn't have been any need for her to leave in the first place......
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:

"Former Ex-Talent Agency" is redundant, its fine the way it is.

That might be so, but the current title is kinda misleading imho, as the first thing I thought was that her current agency "Ken-On" is trying to take the assailants to court now :O... So maybe just edit the title in other words Razz?

VORTIA wrote:
Ming Yi wrote:

Great, let me know when that agency actually finds her work. There shouldn't have been any need for her to leave in the first place......

She got her own fanclub site opened, released her 1st photobook last week on her birthday and got featured in magazines/on tv news programs/radio etc., so she's kind of back on the road.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:55 am Reply with quote
"Grabbed her face"...?

How? And why? And What!? That is very weird. I'm glad the "assault" isn't worse, but I was not expecting this when I read the term.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1